Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Entering TE Recovery-Photos

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Positive Outlook' started by Wolf924, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JenVoy

JenVoy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'd love to see another picture of you recovery Wolf!

Why couldn't my underarms and leg hair have been affected by TE instead of my head?! :D GAH!

2. Wolf924

Wolf924 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep I promise I will! I need my husband to take the photo in the same place with unwashed hair to be consistent, so I'll try to get that done soon.

3. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Here we go!

July:

[​IMG]

September:

[​IMG]

Last night, Nov 3:

[​IMG]

I feel and see improvement at this point!!! There IS hope ladies!

Attached Files:

4. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    That is so inspiring!!!! Your hair grows so fast! : ) : )

Congrats Wolf - you and your hair look awesome.

5. hairtothere

hairtothere Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow Wolf! That is SO exciting and inspiring. I seem to be following your progress here, your shed started a month or two before mine. I hope you continue to give us updates there are so few stories of recovery from TE. Congrats!

6. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I intend to stick around because when I was in the height of my panic, there were NO stories on TE recovery and no one to talk to about it--I wan to be a resource to ease someone else's mind.

7. hairtothere

Dislikes Received:

Me too sister! I remember being so frustrated, I kept telling myself they recovered and happily went on with life. But I wanted confirmation, lol. So I plan on sticking around too.

Your improvement is amazing, how does it feel to you? Do you feel a big difference in the thickness or is it still visual? For me I can see more volume at the top of my head and visually it is looking better, but I can still tell a big difference in my hands. I'm waiting for some weight to return, probably the only time I've been eager to gain some weight, lol.

8. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    HTT: Do you have photos of your progress? Would love to see.

9. hairtothere

Dislikes Received:
    I'm close to being Amish when it comes to taking photos Wolf, lol. So the last thing I was thinking about when I was at my worst was documenting it. I don't know if a close up would've helped because I never got a wider part or scalp showing, but I am noticing some of the volume returning. My hair used to be so thick it didn't all fit in the little square of my drivers license photo, until I had to get it renewed last year I looked like a different person. That was a really low point. It was one of the frustrating things about TE I think because you tell Dr's you are losing your hair and they see a "normal" head of hair and they write you off. Now that I am indeed seeing improvement I wish I had taken pictures, I depend on my stylist for confirmation that I am not imagining it.

10. labellavita1985

labellavita1985 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wolf, your hair looks great. I just wanted to say that I respect and admire you so much for sticking around here when you are well on your way to recovery, just to give the rest of us some hope! It means so much to me, and undoubtedly to others here as well. You are such a beautiful person! I know that your hair loss situation was very complicated, so it is SO inspiring to see your hair improving. Btw, I LOVE your pants!!

Anna Butcher likes this.
  11. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto!!!!

And LOL at LBV's last comment. Haha. I am so grateful to have y'all.

12. fleur1979

fleur1979 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am so happy to read all this hair improvement in all of you... It gives me hope, and makes me happy for you girls....

thanks for sharing.... thanks soo much

13. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Girls!!!

Pants were $12.99 at Marshall's--run and get some, they are SO COMFY and life changing!!!

14. JenVoy

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for coming back and updating us Wolf! I'm sure you know, there aren't very many recovery stories here or on other sites. It's such a bummer. I plan on coming back too and posting updates if or when I am in recovery.

15. GodsInControl

GodsInControl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wolf, I just sent you a message with a question.

16. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    I saw and answered <3 hang in there!

17. JenVoy

Dislikes Received:
    Wolf, Hope you don't mind asking a few questions about your TE. Did you TE last around 10 months? I thought I'd read that in previous post? I know I shouldn't compare my TE to anyone else's it's just nice to have some hope. Also, how many months into your TE did you get scalp biopsy? I've read countless articles that acute TE can last 3-6 months but who knows when my TE will taper off and end...considering I have low ferritin, Vitamin D, and low adrenals. :( I am pretty hopeful with my ferritin in the 40's now since you too seem to have a ferritin in that range and you're in recovery now. Were you treating your adrenal fatigue?

18. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am thrilled to see a recovery in progress. Your shed sounds a lot like mine, Wolf. I started around Nov. 2014. My right side was obliterated, and still is very thin. The right temple shows some signs of growth, ust this one flimsy piece that hangs there like limp spaghetti noodle, and the modest bit of regrowth just looks too scant after so long. Do you think your right side is improving enough that you can easily appreciate its progress? I am continuing to doubt mine will ever recover.

19. Wolf924

Dislikes Received:
    Jenvoy: my TE lasted from Oct 14- mid September 15. It fluctuates throughout this time and the high acute shedding was from Nov 14-End of May 15. So yes, give or take about 10.5 months. I decided on the scalp biopsy after my acute shedding was over and got one on May, 30 15. At that point the front was already beginning to show recovery which meant I had regrowth along with shedding but I needed more answers. I was treating my adrenal fatigue and my mono and CMV and in April was put on a quick course of prednisone simply because my body was not bouncing back- I was freaked to take it but I felt like such absolute **** that I had to try something. I was not functioning due to my illnesses. I also had low ferritin and a really low vitamin d value which my doctors attributed to my birth control- as it can deplete both very quickly.

DT- funny you mention this because my right side along with my crown were the two most affected areas. My crown has really bounced back this month and last and my right side is only JUST beginning to show coverage. My very front and left side which were the first to go, have now filled in beautifully and are now showing actually density improvement so I think I'm like 4-6 months out on totally recovering my hair. Knock on wood.

Once the high relentless shedding stopped, my hair began growing like crazy and I could see it everywhere, where for months and months I saw nothing. I had see through hair at the crown and front, I saw shiny scalp. I could not stop shedding. I thought it was TE and also Androgenetic Alopecia but my doctors were convinced it wasn't, thank God they were right. Obviously they have degrees and I don't so, lesson learned. The only doctors out of the 5 I saw that I didn't like we're my first derm- who still said it was TE he was just a dick in general, and my endocrinologist who also said TE but was completely useless for my other symptoms.

The other thing that has helped me is taking an antidepressant when I need it (not each day) because without it my cortisol spikes, which taxes my adrenals. I also went gluten free, lost 50 pounds and quit bc. But that's just me- gotta do what works for you.

20. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow.. this is wonderful and I pray the growth spurt will keep up for you. Can you remember how long it was from the time you stopped shedding to when you started to notice the real regrowth and the front an temples coming in? Everyone is going to be different I know, but every little bit gives me hope someday my right temple will come back from the dead lol :) I also read that the temples can be the first to go and last to return.