Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

estimated cost for upcoming stem cell procedures?

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by farha, Aug 18, 2010.

1. farha

farha Guest

i was just wondering what will be the estimated cost of upcoming stem cell procedures.10k-20k or more???? better start saving from now.i know everyone around will be thinking the same.Best wishes to all.

2. Jubilee

Jubilee Guest

my guess would be even higher cost - out of reach cost

3. cwoc

cwoc Guest

I bet the cost will be unreal, unfortunately. Stem cell costs SO MUCH for people with debilitating diseases, and that's covered by insurance (or it's done for research). I can't imagine how much it would cost for something cosmetic.

4. The idea to get across to the medical community.....is that female baldness is NOT simply a "cosmetic problem", we should not have to live with hair loss, especially not in a society where we are bombarded by images of beautiful hair everywhere we look!

Hair loss is devastating, at ANY age! Female hair loss DOES affect our health, it affects our MENTAL HEALTH. The sooner this aspect of hair loss seeps into the collective mind of the medical community, the better....!!

Women with hair loss become depressed, they start isolating themselves, their hair loss starts affecting EVERY aspect of their lives. Hair loss certainly DOES affect out health....I told my PCP in no uncertain terms that it does!

The longer this ridiculous myth keeps being perpetuated.....that female hair loss is solely a cosmetic problem ....the harder it will be for the research to get moving.....and if there are finally some breakthroughs.....the costs should not be prohibitive to anyone who wants their hair back!

Especially as so many women.......from all walks of life and socio-economic groups......are thinning or already bald.....not just wealthy women who can afford the treatments without bankrupting themselves.

5. erin

erin Guest

It'll probably start very expensive and will cheapen gradually. If it's 10k- not a lot of people will be able to afford it. And they have to make profit. People on men's forums estimated costs to be 3-5k.

And also, here's an interesting thread by mostly men. It's very long but if you read the last 20-30 posts, you'll read about new hair loss stem cell trials and that some of the authors of the posts are candidates. It's very interesting... It's also a good source for learning about updates from companies offering stem cell treatments.

http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2010/01/2 ... l-readers/

6. How much are hair transplants??