Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Ever Heard of Caboki?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Bri, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Beliza

Beliza Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the review, CK. The person on YT reviewing Caboki has since tried Joan Rivers Great Hair Day and prefers that to Caboki.

2. Blonde

Blonde Guest

I actually just ordered a sample so I'll post if it works for me. I have blonde hair and I have read that it's hard to get a good match.

3. Arisemysoul

Arisemysoul Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Blonde could you please let us know if it works for you? I ordered Joan Rivers Good Hair Day in a light brown and it was way too dark. I sent it back for their blonde color but even that is a little dark on me.

I bought toppik in blonde and it looked extremely yellow on me. My hair is really mousey blonde now. I just had highlights and some lowlights put in.

4. Blonde

Blonde Guest

Well here are some pics of before and after. This was the first time I used it and it's kind of like colored dry shampoo. I need to practice a little with it but so far I really like it. The blonde is a good color however if your hair is more platinum blonde this will be too dark for you.

I applied it the same way you do other hair powders that give volume. I don't feel this stuff gave a ton of volume but maybe I need to put more in. When I touch my scalp I haven't noticed it coming off on my fingers. I haven't been out in the rain with it yet so not sure how it will hold up. I will post what happens when I do.

I didn't put a lot of it on my scalp so in the one pic you can still see my scalp. I'll try different ways to cover that up. I don't want my scalp to look dirty.

I have nothing to compare this too because I have never tried anything else except volumizing powders. Overall I'm very happy with it and will keep using it.

The first pic is the before and the last two are the after. As I said before you can still see my scalp where my hair is parted (middle pic). Next time I'll add a little more and see if I can get a natural look.

Attached Files:

5. katkins73

katkins73 Guest

Thank you all that posted about this, I got my sample and it arrived in less than a week to Europe! I have only just tried it but I think I am going to love it! I have the black as my hair is just about as black as natural hair can be and I dye the greys black and after I put this on I went outiside and looked in natural light and it is undetectable! I will try it out properly and will try and take some pics too, at the moment I am feeling very hopeful, I find Topik goes down to my scalp and Mane looked wierd but this one may just be what I need :)

6. Adi

Adi Member

Dislikes Received:
    Good thread, I will try it too. I have never used Toppik or any others. Am about to order Toppik for the first time today.