Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Everything You'd want to know about Wigs, Toppers, Salons...

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by sessa555, Sep 7, 2005.

1. sessa555

sessa555 Guest

I have a 'freestyle' topper, so I can part it anywhere. I usually go straight down the middle, but sometimes part it to the side. It looks like a part on a person with really thick hair. I was really worried about the part looking fake, and while it looks different than my bio hair part did it still looks natural.

2. jules1963

jules1963 Guest

I live in Charlotte, NC and have suffered from Androgenetic Alopecia/FPB since 2004. i have been to hell and back with this and need to do something but i'm scared to wear a wig but someone suggested just a topper is what i need as its mainly on the top... can anyone lead me to a place in charlotte, nc i can go that can help me.. i get my hair cut and my h-dresser keeps telling me its not that bad you dont need anything but she doesnt live it daily.. i have to do something yet the thought of even wearing a topper scares me, should i just shave it all off and be done with it and get a vacuum wig.. i dont know who to go to who can help me and see what i am talking about............... pls can anyone help me.. or someone go with me..! I am sick of dealing with this and at times think I will shave it all off but i just cant... is Androgenetic Alopecia/FPB truly very common in women as I just feel I'm the only one who looks so wierd, it doesnt lay right.. and i have lost so much more than my hair from this problem... What do I do and who can I go to for help.. I really need to finally do something about it.. can you help me... I need a friend too.. as I was in hospital over this, lost my job, etc.. its been awful.. pls help.. thanks

3. justme

justme Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    (

jules1963,

I think if you put this in the (Tell you story ) someone will see it sooner :)
    I have worn a topper and like them . there are others on here who know more than I do so the best of luck and know you are not alone
    valentine

4. peachfuzz

peachfuzz Guest

Does anyone know of a good place in Louisiana or Texas or even in South Arkansas or Mississippi that has great selection and help with bonded pieces, toppers, etc.

5. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I live outside Charlotte, NC - just sent you a PM.

6. phurrballe

phurrballe Established Member

Dislikes Received:
  7. Mira

Mira Guest

Thanx for all the info you are posting in the begining of this topic, Sessa, it is really useful for newbies like me!

Mira

8. curlyone

curlyone Guest

julie,
    i am sorry you are feeling so low but i want you to know you aren't alone in your feelings. i think every woman here has had that same feeling. i hope you find comfort in talking here .

9. curlyone

curlyone Guest

sessa
    thanks for the info. it sounds like you really like your topper. can you reccomend a reputable place? i am beginning to look at my options. i live in the nyc area. thank you

10. Mindy

Mindy Guest

Sessa -
    hi
    where did you get your topper? i am interested in the bonded type? I am in the NY area.
    Thanks

11. youngnana

youngnana Guest

Hello,
    My question is for sessa 555. It is regard to bonding. Is there a problem with odor? I work out alot , it helps with the depression, so I was concerned about that issue. I have read about so many options but I really am convinced that this is the best way for me to conceal my hairloss. I work in all elements of weather so security is of great importance. I am in my fourth year and it si becoming quite obvious so I would appreciate your time in regards to this.

Thank you,

12. leonepa

leonepa Guest

Excellent overview of the whole shebang! Thanks.

13. leonepa

leonepa Guest

Should I cancel my order for extensions?

I ordered extensions and have Stage 1 with lots of scalp showing on top and baby fine hair. But after reading your post, I'm wondering if I should I cancel my extensions. What if I have my cosmetologist just put in one row well below the top?

14. Beliza

Beliza Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: Should I cancel my order for extensions?

I had extensions in Stage 1 and it actually made the difference between the thin scalp and denser sides and back more obvious. I'd take a part enhancer if I would be in that situation again. Meaning: stage 1 AND new to suppl hair. My hair loss hasn't gone beyond stage 1 in the last four years but I changed to full wigs for convenience and style options. I started with extensions, then a topper b/c the step to suppl hair would have been too big otherwise. As soon as I got the topper I was almost ready for full wigs, "acceptance-wise".

15. hairremedy12

hairremedy12 Guest

Can anyone recommend a good Hair Replacement salon in Southeastern PA (Phila Area) that offers a quality services with privacy. I am looking for something natural looking, that is comfortable and secure.
    Also, has anyone ever tried Richard Farrell hair replacement systems I just saw some pictures and the hair looks so natural. They are not in my local area but are coming for a promotion seminar. Thanks

16. littlenewo

littlenewo Guest

Thanks for posting this! You answered many of my questions :)

17. I read that bonded lace wigs can last up to a few months within an application, but what about sweating and bio hair getting oily/itchy underneath the wig?
    :freaked:

18. vanessa

vanessa Guest

thx for sharing this info with us,it is very help for our girls who suffer the hair loss.thx for your time into it! :)

19. mjfranco

mjfranco Guest

Hi Sessa, How are you?

I just read your post on wigs and all. Thank you for all the info. I'm thinking of getting a bonded piece as well, My hair is thin from the front and a bit on the crown. I was wondering if you could please give me your opinion on "re-allusions" Have you heard of it? :roll:

Thanks Sessa. :)

MJ

20. hautemomma

hautemomma Guest

Awesome information. Thank you so much for posting this, Sessa! I know I'm coming in a few years after the original post, but its still great info...especially for a newbie like me! :)