Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Extensions?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by kittypurry, Jan 4, 2016.

?

Do extensions make thinning and loss worse?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2016.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. kittypurry

kittypurry New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I am a 31 year old woman with pretty severe diffuse thinning and hair loss. It's been devastating. I don't think i'm eligible for hair transplant. I fear cutting it short because I'm afraid it won't actually conceal the thinning/loss and I won't be able to put it up.

I'm thinking about getting extensions. My concern with extensions is that it will pull on what remaining hair is left. Can anyone speak to this?

Thank you!

2. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is really depending on each particlar situation. I am wearing human hair extentions for 3,5 month and actually going to take them out in a couple of days and put back in a monhs. Depends on the master and on how scillfull and honest is she with you, often hair is so thin that it doesnt handly well the weight of extentions which are mostily originating fm Brazil and India (that is if you opt for human hair) Of course, if you are in the middle of a big shed, I would recommend to sit it out and do extentions when you are back to normal. These are my 2 pence. But I glad I put mine at the moment, however we will see what will be left of my hair at the end of this week when they have to come out.

sunlit likes this.
  3. kaliliak

kaliliak Member

Dislikes Received:
    Extensions do pull. I wear a modified micro ring extension system designed to distribute the weight of the hair and the amount of rings needed, even so I can feel the effect of the rings pulling at certain points and I notice hairs lost in every ring when I remove them.

Every extension will put stress on your hair no matter what attachment method. Having long thick extension hair will pull more because more weight. Washing permanent extensions in the shower with dyed human hair is even heavier, the hair soaks up water like a sponge and is very heavy. Personally I like to wear blended synthetic hair because plastic is actually lighter than human hair especially when wet, and it dries super quickly. But I have it blended with human hair for the sparkle than human hair has.

The worst thing you can do is wear a clip in set every day. Stay away from daily clips! I found they do nothing but leave you with bald spots where the clips go on. The metal clips just break your hairs : ( Try to get extensions that are softer on your hair. I like silicon lined micro rings, the silicone tube grips the hair gently so that it doesn't cut it, and has some give if pulled. But don't do the single point extensions, those can easily be ripped off of thin hair ( I know from experience). Get at least the tracks or wefts of hair attached with micro rings. (Sometimes called white girl weave). But extensions can be tricky if you have thin hair because it's hard to hide the rows of hair (called tracks sometimes) and to compensate people often put way too many tracks in and it's heavy and unnatural. I had this problem with tape in extensions. Remember less is more! Try to avoid putting hundreds of grams of hair on your head, it will look more natural and be easier to wear and wash.

I have a rather unique system that I made myself, I have pictures and descriptions of it on my blog. I will also be putting up tutorials on it, so if you're crafty you might be able to make your own and save hundreds of dollars. Or at least find a similar system in salons if you think it would work for you. Judging by your explanation I think your situation is quite similar and need something like what I have.

https://newdhair.wordpress.com/

Don't be afraid to try extensions, especially if you're feeling stressed or down about your hair. Stress is also bad for your hair : ) I love my extensions and wearing them 24/7 makes me feel better about myself. When you put them in you feel fabulous and beautiful and 'normal', it's a wonderful feeling. You can always remove them if you think they are hurting you.

4. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    just wanna know that why you don't choose the hair transplantation Method ? it is much better than the hair Extention and i got the news from dailymail that SKN Done 90+ Surgeries of Hair Transplant if you really afraid for it then am suggesting you must me visit on there clinic for 1 time they will suggest you what is much better than you

5. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    l don’t think you have hair loss at all! Let us make out our choices stop pushing this crap transplant surgery doesn’t always work and I’ve seen horror stories most women aren’t aware of let them research and make their own decisions

Usman Khalid likes this.
  6. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    may be this would be happened but now a day most of the people prefer this

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Most people are so desperate they don’t research in depth for all the possibilities I’ve had a couple friends both a male and female try this one had no luck and one had extensive permanent scarring again maybe if you shared your type of loss and treatment experience it may help someone make a well informed decision based on personal experience

#7 TinaM1968, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  8. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    yea you are right sorry to say but we have a better experience for it further its depend on doctors who they treat you further wanna know about your country ?

9. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    ? About my country? Agin do you experience hairloss yourself? Personal experience to share? I don’t think so your a 27 year old man in a female woman’s SUPPORT forum pushing your clinic and treatment!

10. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yea i had my personal experience that's why am suggesting this... further whats your problem am just giving her a suggestion. i don't think my message was for you..so chill

11. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I started to write a long post but it’s just not worth it. When the admin gets here they can decide. All I said if you truly had a story, share it to inspire people don’t just tell us to get hair transplants. Also your rudeness was uncalled for your a 27 year old man in a woman’s hairloss forum telling us to get a hair transplant with no story of your own to tell. As said admin will sort it out

idk likes this.
  12. Usman Khalid

Usman Khalid New Member

Dislikes Received:
    whats wrong with you ? its my husband account further i don't think its your own forum then whats your problem ?

13. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Wow seems u have the problem and it’s not worth the stress. Hostility is really uncalled for I have not been rude to u I’ve reported u and now I’m hitting the ignore button maybe u should reread the terms of this forum

#13 TinaM1968, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019