Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Eyebrow tattoo question

Discussion in 'Hats, Wraps, Cosmetic Options for Alopecians' started by nikks2, May 21, 2013.

1. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

I was quite dismayed when I noticed that I am losing my eyebrows. I was wondering if I should go to a tattoo place now and get the tattoo artist to put some strokes/eye brow hairs in, then when/if my eyebrows are completely gone I will be able to maintain the shape. What do people think ? What is your experience ?

I love my eyebrows, I'm so sad about this turn of events
    :( I've gone from looking at everyones hair, to their eyebrows and eyelashes with envy.

2. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have a friend who had eyebrow tattoos done, it looks really good, she doesn't have hairloss but just very fine blonde eyebrows. I find it really a task every morning to get a good shape and if im in a rush I end up with wonky eyebrows :hmmm: not the best look !I would definatly have it done if my skin wasn't such a problem.

It is hard loosing the eyebrows and lashes I still struggle daily with this issue even after not having them for such a long time, just thankful there is make up to make me feel just slightly better about it!

Good luck let us know how it goes if you decide to go ahead

3. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

Thanks for the reply Dancer, I have never had a tattoo, so am a bit nervous about having such a sensitive part of my body tattooed, so close to my eyes, but if they could do some nice, brown, thin hairlike strokes, I'm thinking it would help me to deal with losing my lovely eyebrows :( Someone recommended a tattoo place to me - I am so nervous to call ..... I will let you know. I am confused as to how/why my eyebrows are going - is it common with hairloss ?

I would love to hear from anyone on here who has had it done for hairloss reasons.

4. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Oh nice to know you have a recommendation, I think that fills you with more confidence :) From my experience beauty therapists have always been extremely sensitive, helpful and positive, call them to get more info because once you do you will wonder why you hesitated believe me:eek:

I think a lot of women with hair loss do notice thinning of the eyebrows and lashes, I think total loss is not quite as common :)

5. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

The recommendation I have is a tattoo place - I hope its not some burly guy ! I wonder how receptive they will be to my suggestion ? I'm so nervous - I havent plucked up the courage to call. It seems a good solution though - doesn't it. One less thing to worry about - when its done anyway !!!

Do you go to a beauty therapist Dancer ? What for ? Sorry to hear you have skin problems - do you mean sensitive skin ? It sounds like you have lost your brows and lashes. Mine dont seem to be thinning, they seem to be going, from the outer edge inwards, but also the distance between my eyebrows is increasing.

This whole hairloss thing is so stressful and unpredictable :-(

6. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    You never know he might be a hunk! I am sure they will be fine at your suggestion they will be use to tattooing all sorts of body parts!

I go very occasionally to the beauty salon for a massage or facial for a treat :) I don't wear my wig but a headcover during the treatment, the girls are always so sweet and sensitive.

I do have very sensitive skin so I tend to stay with the same products I know don't cause an allergic reaction, a swollen blotchy face is not the look I want !! lol

And yes I have lost both all my lashes and brows, they started growing a while back but unfortuatly decided not to stick around.....disappointing. Sorry yours seem to be going, I found the loss of brows and lashes the hardest thing to cope with, but I try to concentrate on the better assets I have! That is getting more of a challenge as the aging process sets in and the body seems to want to descend southwards:)

Keep us posted how you get on

7. ariel7

ariel7 Guest

nikks2, I just had my eyebrows tattooed this week and I'm thrilled with the results. I have total hairloss and haven't had eyebrows in almost 10 years, and I don't know why I waited so long to do this. I did not hurt and I think it looks much better than my pencil brows did. I would recommend that maybe you look into someone trained in doing semi-permanent cosmetics. Semi-permanent make up usually is made to fade in a few years, and can be faded quicker if you don't like it. The lady who did mine drew them with pencil and then redrew them about 10 times until I was happy with them. Then she did the tattoo right over the pencil marks.

8. nikks2

nikks2 Guest

Thank you ariel7. I was on another thread about this and I definitely think its the way to go. Great to hear it doesn't hurt. I never did call the tattoo place - I felt too intimidated, but glad I didn't now I have more info. I did a little research and there is a place in my town that does the semi permanent - I am going to call them. One less thing to worry about ! lol
    Congratulations on your new brows :)

9. jacqui77

jacqui77 Guest

Hi nikks2! I first had eyebrow tattoos done six years ago. I loved what she was able to do for me. I had them "touched up" three years ago and will need another before the end of the year. The woman who did mine was a friend of a friend and was very caring and understanding of my wishes.

Jacqui

10. maplel

maplel Guest

Eyebrow Tattoo

I understand exactly how you feel. I have lost all of my eyebrows and was painstakingly drawing them on everyday until I had them tattooed on. There was a documentary that I watched about a woman who does all types of cosmetic transformations through tattooing on people with scarring caused by burns to bad tattooing. Her company is called cosmetic transformations and she is amazing! I am so pleased with her work and she has done extensive research on tattooing which can go terribly wrong. I didn't care if it hurt because I was so excited to not have to draw on eyebrows anymore. It did not hurt! The company is called cosmetic transformations and it is located in Peterborough Ontario. I don't know if this is helpful to you or not but if you or anyone has more questions please ask away! cosmetictransformations.com