Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

eyelash transplant

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by mythreeboys, Apr 25, 2008.

1. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

I just saw a segment on my local news showing part of the procedure. Dear God its disgusting like a huge sewing needle inserting lashes from the hairs off your head. How can someone go this far? I know most of us would not be candidates anyhow since our head hair is not good donor but OUCH :crazy:

2. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Lazer eye surgery looks pretty nasty too but you don't feel it... so maybe it's not so bad.

3. mythreeboys

mythreeboys Guest

They showed the woman under local talking while they took this fish hook thing and fished them through her lids :woot: so it must not have hurt at all but it hurt me to watch.

4. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

Oh man.....ICK...and they grow SUPER long and you have to trim them....

5. angieangie

angieangie Guest

Eww. Is the hair as stiff as regular eyelashes? Or do you have to use a ton of mascara?

6. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    shudder, the texture is not right...

7. alicat

alicat Guest

I think I'd rather wear falsies.

8. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    We're still talking lashes right?

9. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

I would TOTALLY do it...but I think they would just fall out again. I'de do just about n e thing to have them back :(

10. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Revitalah is a product that grows new lashes, but, I am not sure it would work if you have Alopecia Areata.

11. BGDL

BGDL Guest

The transplant lashes are made from head hair which keeps growing. So not only do you have to trim them now when they grow, you would have to trim them ( little scissors close to your eyeballs) for the rest of your life. Forever. Something to consider.

No procedure is without risks of inflammation and infection even performed by the most careful surgeon. There are never any guarantees of your personal result, your body's response to the trauma, nor your healing abilities.

UCSF did an efficacy study of Latanoprost versus Bimatoprost for alopecia areata patients...These are the active ingredients in products like Revitalash ( $150-$175 per tube) Results not published yet. It is a joint study by the departments of dermatology and opthamology.

12. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    The revitalash tube lasts a long time since you apply so little at a time from what I've read on makeup alley. Are they investigating this product for scalp hair? I e-mailed the company a while ago and they vaguely said something to that effect...

13. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

does this stuff work though?

14. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    yes, the revitalash does work.

15. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

Don't think it would work me though..because they would just fall out again.

16. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    yes, probably, unfortunately.

17. BGDL

BGDL Guest

The study undertaken at UCSF specifically recruited patients who are Alopecia Universalis.. so if they publish the results we will know more.

18. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, I don't expect that to work because it doesn't fix the underlying autoimmune problem...

19. Lee112780

Lee112780 Guest

it CAN...depending on what it does. If it can get your white blood cells to move away from your hair follicle..it will work.

20. snowflake

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting ...