Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

eyelashes

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by rayneStormRN, Jun 2, 2007.

1. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

ok, prior to this hairloss thing i'd never payed much attention to my eyelashes. today i noticed when i woke up there was an eyelash on my cheeck, no biggy. but when i was putting in my contacts four more came out............so what i'm wondering, is whether this is normal amount of shed for eyelashes? i haven't been wearing contacts long, couple weeks, but i haven't noticed eyelashes coming out when i'm putting them in prior to this......and it's only a total of five eyelashes, and as i never paid attention to eyelashes previous to this, i'm really not sure if five is a normal shed............????

2. Guest

Guest Guest

you could be losing your eyelashes.
    that sometimes happens with alopecia.
    if it continues like that, you will know.

3. rayneStormRN

rayneStormRN Guest

ty for your reply..........i know i can lose eyelashes and eyebrows with this condition, i just wasn't sure of the NORMAL shed rate for eyelashes......all five where from the same eye. i never paid attention to them, so honestly don't know what is normal shed......i knew normal shed for hair, cause i'd see the hairs here and there in shower, etc, BEFORE the alopecia, and i DEFINITELY noticed the increased shed with the alopecia.

anyhow, i have a sneaky feeling my eyelashes are going, just trying to determine if five is a lot, or normal and i've just never noticed it before.