Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Fake bangs

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Tricia, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Anyone ever tried a fake bangs? or something to cover the front hairline besides a topper with bangs cut in?

I'm really hating my hair line. I've got a lot of hair towards the back of my head so I think a topper slapped on top would look poofy.

I saw on HH that Amy posted a pic of a tiny partial that she put on her temple. I wondered how that sort of thing would work and where you'd get one.

2. Amy

Amy Guest

Tricia,

I just cut up part of my hairpiece from toplace and put the hair under my bangs where no one sees it. It needs to be a polyeurethane or very thin membrane skin like material though. That is best for taping and removing daily.

Amy

3. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Are you wearing that tiny partial daily? I'm thinking about getting bangs cut into my hair, but one area is thinner than the rest. That tiny partial looks like it would work though. Be just enough.

4. Amy

Amy Guest

Tricia,

I wear it every day. It really helps. It seems sort of silly but it does the trick (for now).

Amy

5. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Amy mate how you doing

I just wanted to ask about your partial .. you say it covers your temples ... ? do you know if it would be possible to make a parital that would cover the top (in a sort of dog bone shape) to incorporate the temples ... my only prob is how would it sit againts the same parting and how on earth would you be able to keep a partial from looking obvious on top !! ???? :cry:

6. Amy

Amy Guest

Hey Sally,

I have to say I am not so sure how it would work. For me, it is hidden by my bangs and if it were not I think it would look pretty darned obvious. In fact, I feel I may be spending too much time being paranoid ppl can tell. However, I do not want to go without it or it would look even worse. Sorry that was not a more positive answer.

Amy

7. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Hey Amy,

Thanks for sharing your info. It's encouraging. I might have to try to duplicate your partial when I take the plunge and get bangs cut in my hair.

8. kbi

kbi Guest

company that carries fake bangs online

You can order fake bangs from Headcovers.com. They are very reasonable and a great company to do business with. I've ordered hats and headcovers from them. It seems easier and cheaper to just buy the bangs. I have hairloss on top and a bad hairline with a huge widows peak that just gets worse. I had never though of getting just bangs until I read your post. What a good idea!

9. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

I bought the fake bangs awhile ago. I have never worn them. I think the company was called hair-u-wear.

10. marsha

marsha Guest

I have the fake bangs from Headcovers.com. They attatch via a velcro strip so these are meant to be worn attatched to a bandana or a hat. It works pretty well if you want to throw on a bandana for gardening, walking or whatever. I do tend to have a bit of a slippage problem, so i do use bobby pins. But then of course those pull at my hair :roll:

But there is no way you can use these bangs alone on your hair, w/o benefit of a hat or whatever.

Marsha

11. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

You know you can have custom pieces made from the size of a 10p piece to a full wig. I have clients who have tiny weeny areas of hair loss and they still get little tweeny pieces made up and clip them in or stick them on the spots...and forget about them. Very good wig makers are used to doing these all the time...making little bits of hair for here or there, so don't be afraid to ask for something different. I always talk my clients out of a full wig if at all possible and just have the piece made for exactly where its needed.

Hope that helps,

Sally :)

12. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Sally

Can I ask you on your expert view ..... I have male pattern as You prob know ...my areas that are bothering me big time at the moment is my temples and the frontal recession ... do you know if they can make a "peice" that JUST covers the frontal area and improve my hairline .. its my hiarline thats killing my confidence

13. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Yes it is, although it has to be expertly made in order to blend in completely with your own hair. It is entirely up to you, but you are very welcome to mail me via my web site & I'll give you my home e mail address, you could then send me some pics of your hair loss, with a view to the best ways of concealing it. Entirely up to you ofcourse.
    Take care,

Sally

14. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

THanks Sally ... thats what I was trying to figure out how a peice can blend in .. ooooh its all soo confusing .. I would love to send you pics .... but I dont even own a digitial camera !!!! how out of date am I ! ... all I can say it .... I am heading for a sven Erickson look ! no kidding .. its moving back fast ... the back is holding its own (for now) .. however I have overall thinning ... I look like a guy ! I miss the hair around my face so much ... :(

15. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

If you have a good amount of hair mid and ends so you can blend it, this shouldn't be a problem. Also if your hair is long rather than short, this helps it look more natural blending in. Maybe you could draw me a picture of your head (seriously!) showing the length of your hair and where you have no hair and less hair and I could guage what you need from that? Entirely up to you, but yes, it does work PROVIDED you get the hair match perfect and use a top dog maker.

Love,

sal x

16. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

yup dont know if you knwo I use Christine Wattz ... she is an angel ... really helps just being in her clinic sometimes ... she did mention transplants but I get scred of surgery etc .... so I am battling things around in my head. .. thanks Sally ... will sit on this idea for a while

17. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

Sure. Is that not something Christine can help you with? I have seen a couple of transplants that have gone wrong, so hasve to say I'm not a fan...I guess its like anything else...if it works its wonderful. Yes, sit on it, I'm always here on or off forum if you want to talk some more.

Take care,

Sally