Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Fasting insulin level

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by joan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. joan

joan Guest

Hi everyone,

I just got my levels checked and my fasting insulin level was a 9.6. Does anyone have any experince with these levels that can help me. My level used to be 4 - 4 month later it is a 9.6. I am very thin and loosing weight. My DHEAS level and cortisol is high too. Any help would be appreciated. I have read that a level of 10 is insulin resitance.

2. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Hello! I had my fasting insulin level checked back in September and my level was 126.2. According to my lab the normal range is 0.0 - 24.9, so mine is quite high. I am actually insulin resistant to the point that I am now diabetic. Did your physician or the lab range indicate that your level of 9.6 is high? According to the lab range I have listed above, you would be considered in the normal range. Also, elevated insulin levels normally cause weight gain and not weight loss as far as I know.

As for elevated DHEAS and cortisol, these can be related to either Non-classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia (DHEAS) or Cushing's disease (cortisol).

Just a little info to hopefully help you out. Goodluck. :)

3. dying curls

dying curls Guest