Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Favorite Hh Toppers With Large Bases?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Grateful1828, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Grateful1828

Grateful1828 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all!

I am currently wearing a gemtress full lace topper- but would rather not buy from the woman I had gotten it from. What I am looking to find is a HH topper with with a base of at least 7x8 in color 33 with a french top and lace front. I know this sounds like a wish list but if anyone knows of a vendor that I can get something like this from, that is not custom made prices, please let me know.

I was considering the Verona by Gemtress, but nervous because I do not know what the "scalp" will look like.

Thanks for any advice or referrals!

2. Zoe

Zoe New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you ever considered ordering from China? I order mine from China as I couldn't get one from the UK that I liked. They are way ahead of anything in the UK and ordered at a fraction of the cost.

Admittedly, the hair they use is always Asian/Chinese and I ask for European but I love how realistic their silk bases are. You can request whatever u like to your own specifications. If you have an old topper you could even send that through and tell them to make it exactly the same.

Personally, I have never liked lace bases as they are not realistic for my liking, but you could incorporate the both. Once you create your own bespoke topper, trust me you will never go back to one off the peg.

If your interested I'll let you know my supplier in a private message.

Good luck with your search

3. Grateful1828

Grateful1828 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Zoe-
    I have never ordered from China but my hair is naturally wavy so I think it may be too straight for me? If you want you can private message me info- thanks!

4. Autumn glow

Autumn glow New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I completely agree with you! I'm looking for what you want as well and I'm so paranoid of buying a topper that is detected by others.

5. Debbie

Debbie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Zoe
    I am interested in finding out your supplier as i too am looking for a new topper on a larger base than the one I currently wear. I'm new to this forum and can't work out how to send a private message. Can you please message me with the details?
    Thanks.

6. Megzzzz

Megzzzz New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Zoe. Could you please give me the name of your Chinese supplier too. I need a new HH topper as my current one is too short for me now. Thanks in advance.

7. Grateful1828

Grateful1828 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Zoe- thank you so much- I couldn’t figure out how to reply to you in the private conversation lol!
    I checked out the website and I am just a little nervous to order because they don’t do my current hair color- is the one that you messaged me the one that you currently order? It seems like they do so many different types of bases I don’t know what would be best- I like the lace front one. And if you can tell me what is normally the cost around?

8. 4Robins

4Robins Member

Dislikes Received:
    Could I please have the name of your supplier as well? I am desperately looking for a good one as the one I've been ordering from has been letting me down :(

9. wishingitweredifferent

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Zoe,
    I do not know where you are located, but if are anywhere close to New York City, you MUST ago to Dov Salons. His toppers and hairpieces are absolutely incredible. I have been wearing one for 1 and a half years and NO one knows that it isn’t my real hair! I did a lot of research before I went to him...maybe four or five salons and NO ONE is as fabulous as he is. Not even my own family knows I am wearing hair. He completely changed my life. I know that many people write that, but I have experienced it. I did not want to go out and stayed inside because I was so embarrassed of my hair. He has changed my outlook on life and my interest in life 125%. The hair is so natural. I travel from another city to see him, and I have also sent women to him.. and they are beyond satisfied. If you are serious about getting hair that looks completely natural along with the scalp, you really must experience his expertise. It truly was a life changing event for me. I can never thank Dov enough for the beauty and self confidence he restored in me again.
    His working is incredibly amazing.

10. canadagirl

canadagirl New Member

Dislikes Received:
    You might want to check out Ethereal Hair Toppers. https://www.etherealhairtoppers.com/ Kristina is really nice and her hairpieces are very well made and the Brazilian hair is beautiful. I have one wig from her and another is arriving this week. She just got some new stock up today.

11. jesswade

jesswade New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I also have heard great reviews for Dov in NYC. I buy mine from Fortune Wigs (also in NY) and while they are pretty thick, it helps me because my hair is SO incredibly thin. I LOVE their scalp, and plus I have naturally wavy/curly hair and their hair matches my bio hair wonderfully. I buy the Wefted Topper in wavy. I have been wearing my current piece for 2 1/2 years now. I just ordered a new one and it should be here soon, I don't need to start wearing it just yet as this one has a lot of life left in it. I had a dermatologist not believe me while in her office and I took it off to show her and her assistant. Hardly anyone knows I wear hair, unless I tell them. I also do wear bangs on my pieces as it helps. They run sales throughout the year.

#11 jesswade, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  12. alomom

alomom Member

Dislikes Received:
    There is a women in Northern California, CHRIS FOR HAIR and she can create any type of topper or wig for customers. She has been in the business for over 20 years. She is an amazing colorist as well. She has a good website and will do a skype in order for you to get a good quality piece.