Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Lost, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lost

Lost Guest

I did'nt know where to post this so I put it here... I have not been feeling well for some time and have been in alot of SEVERE pain,I have had so many test done to rule out other things and my pain mangement Dr. suspected fibro and sent me to a Rhumy and she agreed.My question is to anyone here who has this any advice and tips or websites you can suggest would be great.I have started Lyrica ,but I am in an awful lot of pain,my legs are really bad! Thank you for any help you can offer. D.

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hi D,

So sorry to hear about the severe pain you've been experiencing. I don't know very much about fibromyalgia but I have heard it can be quite debilitating. I do hope the med you've been prescribed will help.

I found this website you may want to have a look at. There is even a discussion forum where you can talk to others who also have fibromyalgia. Let us know how you're doing.

http://www.fibromyalgia.com

Hugs,
    Joann

3. Lost

Lost Guest

Thanks Joann I don't know much about it either! I have been doing alot of research my Rhum had given me a couple websites to look at and I will check the 1 out you posted thanks for taking the time to find that (((hugs))) D.

4. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
  5. Lost

Lost Guest

Thanks Dancer I remember you were having pain issues too...It is so awful :( my legs seem to be the worse hurt 24/7 and at night they are very restless! I hope your doing better? D.

6. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Oh D I really feel for you only 3 months ago I really got to the point of heading back to a depression because of the pain. I really couldnt do a days work and the lack of sleep made it worse. I have embarked on a anti inflammatory diet and been given the lowest dose patch estridol. I saw a differnce within 2 weeks of the diet but I really think the hrt has had a huge effect too. I am still sticking with the diet as I feel so much better, I have known for a long time wheat does not agree with me. I have just started working out again and so far so good.

I know it is a long shot but I use epsom salts in the bath, it takes out the excess calicum in the muscles apprently which can cause pain also stroking the back on the legs pressure has to be in an upwards movement helps to drain the lymphatic system, also stimulates blood flow.

I did quite a lot of research when I was really bad so wil see what else I can find

http://www.fmnetnews.com/fibro-basics/treatment/self-help-strategies

http://autoimmunityresearch.org/

http://www.fmaware.org/

The last one is the national fibromyalgia association site

These may be of interest

#6 dancer, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  7. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lost -

Fibromyalgia responds very well to two things. You will need to google this to confirm:

1) Daily Vegetable Juicing (preferrably organic)
    2) Movement.

I know several people who have reversed their fibro using daily juicing. The reasons why this helps are too numerous to go into in this post, but in summary, it reduces inflammation like no pharmaceutical medication can, and it helps facilitate thousands of cellular reactions in the body that are failing in those with Fibro. Please consider investing in a masticating juicer and beginning a regimen for this.

Exercise is the other thing which seems to play the biggest role in reducing pain. Its a difficult start. You are after all in pain. But whole body, very light movement, light weight, consistent workouts are unbelievably helpful for managing this condition and reducing its effects. The worst thing you can do is lead a sedentary lifestyle. It tends to get worse and worse.

There is a correlation between anxiety levels / stress levels and Fibro which is important to begin managing as well. Some theorize that it is 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years of self induced stress hormone (nervousness, anxiety, anger, stress) saturating your body, brain, muscles, and tissues which eventually causes Fibromyalgia. All of this can be countered with daily juicing and an exercise regimen which is whole-body, and cardio.

Start small, light weight, hit all the muscle groups, then a short walk. Rest for 3-4 days. Do it again. You will feel poor for a few weeks, but you soon will start to see improvement. The pain will begin to fade away. Especially if you are nourising your tissues and muscles with concentrated organic vegetables.

I am the last person on earth to point to "natural" remedies for real conditions, but Fibromyalgia is the one which seems to respond *amazingly* to the effects of Phytonutrients in Veggies.

Admin

8. justme

justme Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have had Fibro and OA for a few year now so I know how hard it can be . I hope you get the help you need .. Mine is bad but I have lived with it for so long it is a part of my life . I started BHRT therapy and I think that has helped me a little , along with everything else I deal with ( I also take thyroid meds ) Take care , Linda

another support group you might like ( http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Fibromyalgia/support-group )

9. Lost

Lost Guest

To Amin.Thank you!!! I have always been very active and have slowed because of the pain,I am getting back into it SLOWLY..and as far as stress I have had a horrible 2 months with a family member which I beleive has made everything just blossom working on that! Thank you again for taking the time to address those issues <3 D.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Justme I have some OA to just in some small jints right now....I will check out the link...I'm already finding heat helps me,my husband got me a heated blanket for my birthday and it is a god send at night, my legs are very restless when I'm at rest and the heat helps! my balance is off so I have to be careful with that I have fallen 2 times in the past few months.... D.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dancer I will check these out! D.

10. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    HI lost
    I know its only been a week but how you getting on?

11. Lost

Lost Guest

Oh Dancer not very well I am so sore all the time having a hard time sleeping....they are increasing my lyrica by 25mgs a week until I hit 75mgs 2x aday.because I have been getting side effects to others meds so easing in.I am really trying to eat more fruits and vegs. hopfully in time this will get better I have a Dr. apt. thurs. with my gp see what she has to say about things.I can't imagine my life like this for ever! Thank you for checking up on me...<3 D.

12. dancer

Dislikes Received:
    Hi lost
    I just know how down I felt when I was at my worst and like you I just coundnt bear to think that was how my life was going to be, every task was so exhausting and of course the nights seemed so long too. It is really hard waiting for the self help road and the meds to kick in but in the meantime just take care of yourself. Let us know how you get on at GP on thurs, always here if you need a moan :)
    Best wishes, thinking of you
    Sara x