Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Final push to starting Rogaine

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Leelees, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Leelees

Leelees Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dear ladies,

I have been dealing with the roller coaster of hair loss for the past 2.5 years. I'm past the point where I think the hair loss will resolve naturally.

I went to Target today and was staring at the Rogaine box for awhile. I am thinking about starting in April/May.

Can I ask - for the ladies who use it, what was the final push you needed/experienced which made you start Rogaine? And do you have any regrets?

Thank you so much!

2. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with many posts I've seen from ladies who say just take the leap and do it. The sooner you preserve the hair you have, the better. Don't be nervous about all of the horror stories. Those don't happen to everyone! Give it a good 6 months to a year before you decide if it helps. This is just my opinion. You have to decide what's best for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Three months in with no regrets.

3. Justiinaa

Justiinaa Member

Dislikes Received:
    I decided to do it because I'm in the early stages of this journey and I wanted to give myself the best chance of saving the hair I have left, and hopefully regrouping more. I decided to give it a shot for six months and see how it goes - hopefully, it will help, but if it doesn't, at least I know I tried everything I could.

4. sarvnaz123

sarvnaz123 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same for me. I have been on Rogaine for 2 years. The final push was that I hates waking up every morning, looking at all the hair strands and wondering how bad it is going to get. I had to do something to psychologically help myself knowing I am doing something to combat this. I am also at the early stages and if Rogaine helps me just keep what I have and the little growth I have already gotten with Rogaine, I will be happy!

5. lmunoz10

lmunoz10 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey there! As someone who's barely a little over two months in, my final push was basically knowing it's the best shot I've got. Pills and special shampoos did nothing for me. PRP is too expensive, and I've heard that Hair Transplants actually are not very effective with female pattern hair loss. I was losing hair every single day and it was becoming noticeable, and I wanted it to keep from getting much worse. I had to do something, and Rogaine seemed like the product with which the community had the best success.