Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

First time posting here ! Will be visiting FLORA in a few days !

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by ladyjane, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ladyjane

ladyjane Guest

Hello everyone, I just joined and this is my first post. I will be visiting Flora in the next few days and I'm really quite nervous. I will be looking for a topper or illusion fall... I don't want to wear a wig because then I will be stuck with the same hairstyle, and with toppers and falls I can at least pull my hair back, or put it up and I will have more options. I tried on wigs before and I really don't like it with bangs, but without it seems to look quite wiggy.. I'm hoping that the topper/fall will be okay just blended with my bio hair and not look wiggy. Do some toppers come with a lace front as well ? Anyway, I won't ask too many questions, I'm hoping someone can provide me with more information and settle my nerves as I really don't want to end up wasting my time and money going to see someone that won't be able to help me. Thanks.

2. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to HA ladyjane :grouphug: It's totally understandable that you would be nervous buying your first hairpiece. I remember that time in my life very well. :unsure: The good news is that I looked so much better walking out of the wig salon . I have bought a human hair wig from Flora. I worked with her online. I sent her pictures and she sent me a wig to try. Well, it arrived and the colour, style and cut was perfect. I bought it. :)

You are going in to see her so that's even better. You can try toppers and falls on and rest assured she knows what she's doing.

I wear bangs with my wigs because I personally feel it's gives a more realistic look to my wigs but I have friends who do side bangs that work quite well too. I think a fall or topper blended in with your own hair properly will not look wiggy .

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Joann

3. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know anything about Flora other than what I've read which seems to be positive. Write all your questions down so you don't forget anything. Let us know how it goes.

4. WANTMYHAIRBACK

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. I actually have an illusion fall and a full wig from Flora. I went to see her a few months ago. The illusion fall I bought online and never wore it bc my hair somewhat improved afterwards. Then a couple years later, I lost almost every single bit of my hair, and I had a major meltdown! I was so tired of trying to do things through the mail so my husband and I flew to see her. It was so worth it. Yes, it was very expensive, but now I have a beautiful wig, and people really can't tell unless I tell them! It has side swept bangs, and I just love it. Flora is wonderful! I am sure she will help you find something that you love and look beautiful in!

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Ladyjane,
    I have had 3 Flora Illusion Falls and they were great. She was the person I was referred to when I decided it was time, and she didn't let me down :). Please let us know how your appointment with her goes. I'm sure you'll find something you love :).

6. iisara21

iisara21 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have a full Flora wig without bangs, and I think it looks pretty natural. You can check out some of the pics I've posted over the years so you can get an idea of what it looks like. I'm so excited for you! Flora's pieces are all amazing no matter what you decide to go with in the end, and she's such a wonderful lady to work with. :)