Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Flat Ironing

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by dragonfly, Nov 2, 2014.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if any of you can give me some tips on flat ironing. When I get my pieces from Isadore they are very sleek, but I can never seem to get them that way again after washing. They are not naturally straight, have a slight wave to them. They wash beautifully, but always have a "poofy" look, even after I flat iron. Any suggestions?

2. BLADE

BLADE Guest

Hi! I have flat ironed my wig, and doing so, it rarely tangles. It also takes out the PUFFY look. You just put the wig on and put your flat iron on low setting, and flat iron it a small amount at a time. I start by pinning up the upper hair, and start flat iron the bottom areas of hair first, (near my neck) working my way up. Just keep taking more out of the pinned up hair small layers at a time. My wig hair can be heated and the wig instruction tells you what temp you can set up to on your flat iron.

3. dancer

dancer Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
  4. Trichster

Trichster Member

Dislikes Received:
    Use a good heat protection spray and also use the straighteners on a high heat setting, the high heat is not to good for the hair and may dry it out over time i think but it keeps it straighter for longer, and also use a good serum afterwards

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I will definitely get some of the Tresemme. Trichster, what serum do you put on afterwards and how do you use it?