Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Flora fall part?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Mom2Cuties, May 3, 2010.

1. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    Flora mailed me a fall to try out. I got it after 6:30 pm so it is too late to call Flora.

The part on the piece is in the middle. Is there any changing the part?

I was supposed to do this in person but it just started to fall into place via mail. Now, I am wondering if I just need to get on a place and go out there. The hair she sent is gorgeous, but I am not sure if it is for me.

For those of you with her pieces, did you fall in love with it right away?? Maybe I just need to leave it on my head for a while to get used to???

2. Do you not like the part itself or just the placement..? I also want a side part...

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    When I talked to Flora the first time I told her I wanted a side part so the one she sent me has that, although it is not as much to the side as I would have done if I had been parting my own hair.

4. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to sleep on it, but I think I want to send this one back. I will speak to her in the morning.

I think I would prefer a side part. Dragonfly...did you love your piece when you saw it? It is hard to imagine this hair with some sort of bangs.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I loved the color and the feel of the hair, but I had a hard time picturing what it would look like once it was cut in. I wore it around the house for about 5 hours that day just to see if the clips were going to bother me and they didn't. I loved the way it felt then and still do.

6. so-lost

so-lost Guest

I am not the person to give advice on this but until someone with experience chimes in.....

From what I understand, you can change the location of the part when the hair is wet (after washing or just by spritzing it with a little water). Of course, depending on the cut, it might not look right parted in a different spot but if the hair is cut with a center part, you might be able to go to either side. I used to flip my own bio part throughout the day :(

I wouldn't go spraying a Flora that you just have on approval but you could ask her about this.

As for not loving it right away, you could give me my exact bio hair back, in the form of supplemental hair, and I wouldn't be happy with it. I had great hair, but right now I'm so resentful of having to wear hair that I can't "love" any of it. Could this be the case for you?

7. hairscared

hairscared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Flora's hair parts can be changed and she's ok if you wet the piece down even if its a sample piece...
    You must wet it to change the part...
    hugs,
    hs

8. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I won't do anything to the piece. The part looks good, I just am not sure if I want a centered part.

I am not sure if it is that I don't like it or it is just weird to see myself with hair on my head. My hair has been thinning since the early 90's...gradually. So the fall looks very different. I am going to wear it a little today around the house and will give Flora a call later to see what she thinks.