Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Flutamide

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by Zannie, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Zannie

Zannie Guest

Flutamide is a prescription pill used to block the effects of androgenic hormones. It literally blocks androgen receptors on hair follicles and sebaceous glands, preventing the hormone from reaching its targets. Most commonly used for excessive facial hair growth in women, particularly those with polycystic ovary disease, flutamide can help reduce androgenic alopecia in women.

Potential side effects associated with oral Flutamide include high blood pressure, diarrhea and liver concerns.

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

hi there Zannie .. they considered putting me on this .. apparently its one of the best .. the only downfall (and rather worrying one) is that the doctor said i woudl need my liver tested frequently in order to justify its not damaging it !!!! I dont think I could have risked that

3. Zannie

Zannie Guest

I guess it’s okay as long as you get regular liver screening throughout the time you’re using it! Any abnormal reading and you can be right off it!!! But I can understand being hesitant!

Who wants to gamble with a major organ! :?