Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

follica news

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by dying curls, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    That is exciting! There is hope with all of us out there waiting to spend big bucks on regrowing hair!

2. curlysue

curlysue Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks dying curls!

The venture capitalists know the smell of money - let's hope something comes of this in the near future!

susan

3. nocturne

nocturne Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is very interesting news - especially bc one article says that they've already started a human pilot study! I'm assuming this means they've actually found some people who are willing to let them abrade their scalps and put the special lotion on it!?

Amazing.

4. Janie-Ann

Janie-Ann Guest

They could abrade my ass and put lotion on it if it would grow hair back on my head.
    :innocent:

5. missmyhair

missmyhair Guest

LOL!!! :agree:

6. aries

aries Guest

adjusting - Good point! :agree:

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    What you inherit is the tendency to be susceptible to various hormones or lack there of. So the treatments are attempting to change the levels of what you are susceptible to. But it is all very primitive. The endocrine system is complex.

8. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

I dont understand what they try to say in the second article. I see a list of painkillers and rheuma inhibitors. I thought I was looking at one of my rheuma sites.....Most of those meds are causing severe TE's btw.
    Can anyone explain what the message of the second article is?

9. dying curls

dying curls Guest

the procedure can be done several times. it will force the follicle to create new hair. and in the follica website and communication they precise that of course you will have to go on taking treatments for the new hair to be maintain as long as possible...but if you are let's say 45 and you started to shed at 40 chances are that you new hair even without treatment will last more than ten years...since you started to shed at 45....(you get my point??)
    for hormonal related hairloss of course you will have to maintain a healthy hormonal balance (anyway hormonal imbalance often touches more than just hair) but at least you will have hair, when most ttreatment available now just maintain hair and regrow them if you are really really lucky....so having this procedure done a couple of time and taking my pcos pills, and have a full headof hair is good for me...
    also another lab is workign on hair cloning, which means they will clone your haetlhy hair from the back of your head and multiply them and out them on top...this procedure will have only to be done once, since the new follicle wont be sensistive to hormones like the one on top.

10. dying curls

dying curls Guest

well yes but true point is that some women with a perfect hormonal system and very low androgen shed all the same...actually most of them may have another underlying cause of hair loss.
    i think once you get the procedure done (when it will be available) you need to treat the cause of your hair loss all along as long as you can to maintain good healthy hair. Anyway i will have to take HRT and other treatment prolly all my life so i dont really care...i think those new procedure are exciting, and certainly are much more promising than current hair tranplantation, there is no discussing this.