Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

for Miamigirl or anyone else

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by dorothy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. dorothy

dorothy Guest

Hey everyone, I was wondering if bonded pieces are damaging? Will the hair underneath ever have the chance to grow back or once you start bonding are you always going to have to bond. Miami---your hair looks gorgeous. You said you wash it weekly, do you take a shower with a shower cap? Also, did you shave the whole top of your head or just a ring where the glue is attached?
    I think I have the courage to wear the bonded pieces, especially since it looks so good and you don't have to take it off at night. My only concern is permanent damage from the glue.
    Thanks for any info,
    Dorothy

2. MiamiGirl

MiamiGirl Guest

Hi Dorothy. How are you? According to my stylist, the bonding isn't damaging my natural hair (as if that really matters at this point). I actually allowed her to shave pretty much all of my hair off last time I was there, so I really don't have any left anymore, but it's started to grow back and appears to be coming in just fine. You don't have to shave all of your hair, but it was sort of contributing to my head being itchy underneath the piece, so I opted to shave it all. I wear a shower cap every time I take a shower, except for the nights that I wash it. By the way, I'm using tape, not glue, so I don't really know what glue will do to your natural hair. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend!

3. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Dorothy,

Are you wearing your topper these days? Just wondering how it's going or if you are still researching ways to wear it?
    Kate

4. Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie Guest

Hi Dortohy,

How are you doing?

I too am having topper probelms. as in the clips show through, the hair look staggly where its layered and I cant put it on too look realistic.

How are things going with your topper?

Miami Girl' you are an inspiration for us all, you are lucky to have your stylist.

Love sarahx