Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

for the ladies that wear toppik or other concealers

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by DREAMWEAVER1, Oct 2, 2013.

1. DREAMWEAVER1

DREAMWEAVER1 Guest

I have some questions, and also wanted to share my first day using Toppiks!

I have 3 bald patches on the back of my skull that are hard to conceal. I have thus managed it so far by wearing my hair back in a barette to cover the spots. I HATED it! It was so restricting, and while it looked OK, I always wished for a different style. I worked up the courage and got a cute short cut that really brought out tons of curl and volume that my weighted down long hair lacked. Now, while I do have growth on the spots, it is not coming in fast enough. It seems to grow ALOT in clumps, but it seems the spots are narrowing/closing in area. Is that normal, (growing in thick clumps and then more clumps?). I have growth in the middle of the spots so I am waiting for that to grow in a thick clump like the rest.

Anyways, I bought the Toppik and used it this morning, and it was AWESOME. No more running to the bathroom to see if my bald patches were showing or if the barette was properly in place. Although, I confess that I did do ONE mirror check and I passed. The toppik blended in awesomely, although it is a tiny bit darker then my current color.

So my questions are: Do I need to wash the Toppik out at night so my current growth will not be blocked by the toppik thin fibers?

I was thinking of trying to clean the spots with tree leave oil as I read that it is somewhat hard to get it off your head?

Does anyone feel that Toppik or similiar products may block the follicles and prevent new growth?

What do you use to get the Toppik off your patches or scalp?

2. ceremonyj

ceremonyj Member

Dislikes Received:
    No. You don't need to wash it off; Toppik really can't block hair growth. If you still want to remove it at night without shampooing, you probably can remove it with the tea tree oil. I personally don't remove it, but I usually will use a brush to loosen the fibers before I apply Rogaine.

3. DREAMWEAVER1

DREAMWEAVER1 Guest

Ceremonyj, I just wanted to tell you "thank you" for replying to my query. I was really concerned about the Toppik blocking hair follicles, but you were right! I have continued growth in the area I was using it, and am almost to the point of NOT having to use it! Thanks again for your reply, and support!

4. Tara101

Tara101 Member

Dislikes Received:
    No need to wash off the concealer at night if you are using Nanogen.

5. elixirhtc

elixirhtc Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would also says that you don't need to wash off the concealer at the night ...