Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Frustrated with my husband

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Universalis & Totalis' started by sjhoward, Jan 10, 2015.

1. sjhoward

sjhoward Guest

Although my husband is very supportive, I get frustrated with him. He thinks that the less I talk about the Alopecia Universalis, the better I am doing. I find that my family and friends don't really want to talk about my hair loss and the isolation can get to me at times. I have good days where I feel really good about myself and then really tough days. I find that when I try something new, like a new wig or eyelashes or make up that I can get really overwhelmed. It takes a while to get used to a new look. Doing anything for a long period of time with a wig can be very frustrating also. After traveling recently, I just felt like taking off my wig during a flight and sometimes in the middle of a social setting/dinner I just really want to take the damn thing off. I usually just wear a scarf at home, but a wig everywhere else.

2. starshine

starshine Guest

Hi Sjhoward. I just recently advanced to Alopecia Universalis from Alopecia Areata. It does seem that no one really wants to discuss this condition. My family is supportive, but I also feel that as long as I wear a wig and pretend everything is normal, they think I am doing fine. This condition is emotionally draining and I can relate to feeling isolated at times. Lets hope that the new drugs they are currently testing as a "cure" for this disease will eventually produce a safe product to reverse this condition. I had a lot of toppers which I cannot wear now and have had to buy more wigs at even greater expense. I REALLY dislike wearing wigs and agree that wearing them for long periods of time is frustrating, but I guess, like everything else, you get used to it.