Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Fullmore and fake hair and other stuff!

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by tigerlily, Apr 20, 2006.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily Guest

I went to see a new hair stylist yesterday that specializes in fine/thinning hair. I had tried Toppik with not much luck (sent it back) and she showed me Fullmore. I bought it and used it today... And wore my hair down for the first time in over a month. I feel a little self-conscious but 3 times people commented on how pretty my hair looked. :shock:

Has anyone else used Fullmore and what did you think? I have Androgenetic Alopecia, it just seems to work better for me than the Toppik. I just have to get over the ridiculous feeling I get while "spraypainting" my head.

Also, she showed me a few small clip-on hair "enhancers" -- she said she could make something really small and thin to cover the crown better so I have a little more confidence. I couldn't believe how comfortable they were. She's going to try to come up with something I can feel comfortable with. I'd encourage anyone who's been thinking about a topper to find someone who does them and pay for a consult. It answered a lot of my questions.

Only thing I disagreed with her on was Nioxin and highlighting or chunking my hair. But I think I'll be seeing her again ...

If anyone's in the KC area and wants her name I'll be glad to pass it along.

2. HopefulinNY

HopefulinNY Guest

Hi I am new to the site. I first used toppik but as the day wore on I felt it would "float" away. I found fullmore on the internet and order lt. brn. My real hair is dark brn. I dye it using semi permanent lt. brown and put some lt. carmel highlights. The fullmore cover my top well. I part my hair a litlle at a time and spray. People commented after how my hair looked good.

You are so lucky to have found a hair stylist who specializes in thinning hair. I have not had my hair cut in 7 mths. because I keep getting panic attacks about it and cancel the appt. Where did u find her?

3. Prini

Prini Guest

Sounds like you had an ego boost, which is wonderful. I never heard of Fullmore. I use Toppik. I have Androgenetic Alopecia.

When you said you disagreed about highlighting, did you mean because you feel it contributes to hair loss? I have to tell you, I believe that is what started my latest bout with hair loss six weeks ago. If the hair is fragile, I don't see how chemicals won't affect the hair. I used to do a color rinse that would wash out, then somehow we stopped it. Maybe that's the way to go, although I have more gray now, so a single process was also recommended.

Anyway, good for you, enjoy your hair down.

Prini

4. tigerlily

tigerlily Guest

Right now I'm using a peroxide free solid hair color but I'm even thinking about stopping that because the Nizoral (even at 1%) seems to really dry my hair. After washing (and with the Fullmore I have to be very thorough at washing & rinsing) my hair feels like a bird's nest. I use a good deep conditioner once a week to try to combat that.

I just think I don't want to do anything else to my hair -- I want what I have to stay healthy.

The stylist seems very knowlegeable. We didn't really get off on the right foot because I was snappish about her suggestion to try Nioxin and she was offended. I told her I didn't mean to be -- it just sort of came out. Anyway, I'm still waiting for her to call me back. I'm not sure what to do now, I guess I'll just wait until I need my hair cut again and then see what she says about a hairpiece. But in the meantime, I'm really happy with the Fullmore. I'm getting a little more deft with it. I just use it during the week -- on the weekends I wear a scarf or ponytail or both.

5. tigerlily

tigerlily Guest

She is in Kansas City but I'm sure you can ask here to find someone in NY. One thing that was very nice, she's quite discreet. Private rooms for styling, curtains on the windows, etc.

6. Inch

Inch Guest

Fullmore

Hi, I've been using Fullmore for almost 2 months. After a few days, I found I was getting better at applying it and was really feeling better about myself. The only thing is.....the last 5-6 weeks or so, I have definitely been losing more hair on top of my scalp...the only place I have used the Fullmore. I also found it made me itchy, but was willing to put up with that. I can think of no other reason for my sudden hair loss than the Fullmore.
    Anybody else experienced bad effects from this or Toppik?
    Thanks

7. redclaire

redclaire Guest

I've found that if I use conditioner on the ends of my hair ( before washing, and leave it on) and then just use the Nizoral on the scalp ( not actually wash my hair with it) and then condition again after I rinse, I don't have as much trouble with dry hair. I also use a two days on, two days off with the Nizoral ( as was recomended by some of the ladies here) and that seems to help a lot.
    I color my hair too.

I also wash my hair daily. If that helps give you an indication of how often I do this.

8. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

Fullmore

I just got my first can of Fullmore delivered yesterday. Does anyone have any tips on how to use this stuff??
    T.

9. Inch

Inch Guest

Fullmore

Hi Tbachhi, Good luck with the Fullmore. I posted a few days ago on this, I now only use it when I'm going out. I lost quite a bit of hair after I started using it. Whether or not it was the Fullmore, I can't be sure but it's the only different thing I had tried.
    Anyhow, what I do is part my hair away from the thinning area and apply it. Then when I part my hair the way I wear it, my scalp ( the part) is not colored. They say to use a hair spray to 'set' it, but I hated the stickiness so left that part out. Also be careful if you scratch your head, it comes off on the fingernails.
    Let me know how you like it!

10. tigerlily

tigerlily Guest

I pull my hair up in the thinnest areas and spray from underneath, then use a wide tooth comb to distribute it around a little. I don't like to spray straight down from the top if I can help it. A pick helps lift the hair up from the roots as it dries... and it takes a few minutes. And yeah, if you scratch, you do get gunk under your nails.

I have not had any problems with shed, itching, irritation or anything else. That's just me.

Let us know how it's working for you.

11. Frankr

Frankr New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Stylist in KC

Hi! I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you could pass on the stylist's contact information in KC if she is still available! Thanks!!