Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Going back on BCP to treat PCOS hair loss?

Discussion in 'PCOS Community' started by Emily_Sea, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Emily_Sea

Emily_Sea Guest

Hi. This has probably been asked before, but is it a bad idea to go back on BCPs after subsequently realizing I probably have PCOS? I use condoms, so I am not too worried about using it as a contraceptive. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for about a year, and I don't remember if my hair loss quickened or stayed the same....or slowed. I stopped it in April, but I was also on Spironolactone for a month then stopped abruptly- which could've caused it to quicken to where it is now. Do you think maybe I should stick with the Rogaine and just go back to the Spironolactone- leaving my hormones alone? I have pretty outrageous moods/acne/oily skin/weird hair growths. I'm thinking I should just take it. Always the chance it could help with the hormones. Maybe wait to get test results back first? What do you guys think?
    It's the uncertainty that kills is, hmm?

2. Emily_Sea

Emily_Sea Guest

I am not as worried about the hormone issues as I am about my hair- I just know they are connected somehow. Also, it's Tri-Sprintec. I don't know whether I should leave it alone or maybe try to switch to Ortho Cyclen? Wait for tests? :dunno:
    It's just sort of heartbreaking.