Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Going Back.....

Discussion in 'Women's Alopecia Areata' started by Deborah, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Deborah

Deborah Guest

Good Morning Girls,

Well it seems that after 90% of hair growth, I found a dime size spot in the front of my head, so I am going back to the "derm" next week.

The difference this time is that I am not crying, I just can't believe it. I guess I will live with this for the rest of my life, I did have a little hope and my hair still looks good. I am not losing like last time, but I just found it on Sunday so I guess I will have to wait and see.

I am sorry I have not posted in awhile, but summer is here and my daughters are very busy.

Wish me luck

Your friend

Deborah

2. New Girl

New Girl Guest

Sorry to hear you have yet another spot.
    Hang it there.

I am still going 1x month and new spots every month. I just try to think possitive but other days I just cry at every hair in the sink, floor, on my shirt. GOD I AM SICK OF SEEING HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!

Hope it goes well with the derm.

Kori

3. IONLYWISH

IONLYWISH Guest

Deborah,
    Sorry to hear about the new spot. Maybe you and the derm can catch it quick with some injections and jump start the follicles. Good luck. I wish you speedy and complete regrowth.
    Twins

4. Deborah,

So sorry to hear about this. Try and stay strong.......I'm here if you need to talk.

5. maisydaisy

maisydaisy Guest

Oh Deborah, I'm sorry. Sending positive vibes your way...

6. Karen

Karen Guest

Deb

I am so sorry. I feel so bad for you hon. On the bright side 90% regrowth is pretty daanngg good! Let us know what happens at the derm.

xoxo

7. Deborah

Deborah Guest

Thanks for all your good wishes.

8. mawmaw

mawmaw Guest

Deborah
    Here comes another one!

GOOD WISHES :) :) :) :)

mawmaw

9. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((Deborah)))) I'm sorry to hear about your new spot. Keep your spirits up. Your regrowth is a very,very positive sign. You will get good regrowth in the spot with the cortisone injections. I'm keeping everything crossed that your Alopecia Areata goes into remission .

Hope to hear from you again soon. Hugs. Joann

10. MERK2

MERK2 Guest

So sorry to hear about your new spot. Try to keep POSITIVE and know that we are here for you no matter what.

Walking with you in SPIRIT.
    Merk

11. Deborah

Deborah Guest

Thank you so much. "I feel the love". Anyway the spot has not gotten bigger, which is a good sign, I do have a little more then a normal shed, but what is normal???? I go to the doctor Thursday, I will keep you all posted.

Thank you again.

Love

Deborah

Attached Files:

12. Deborah

Deborah Guest

I went......

So the story goes....... Went to the "derm" today and sure enough it is a new spot. He hit me with a couple of shots in the area and decided to look around. Guess what a few more spots. GREAT.

Okay so I am feeling sorry for myself....... SORRY GIRLS..... I am trying to be positive, maybe tomorrow.

Take Care

Deborah

13. IONLYWISH

IONLYWISH Guest

I'm so sorry Deborah. Hopefully the shots will do the trick. It's okay to feel sorry for yourself once in a while. We all have been there and we understand. I wish you speedy and complete regrowth.
    Twins

14. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((Deborah)))) Big hugs. As Twins said you are entitled to feel sorry for yourself. So many have compared Alopecia Areata to a roller coaster ride with all it's ups and downs .

The spots should respond very well to the injections your derm gave you . I'm hoping that your Alopecia Areata will go into spontaneous & permanent remission.

Please keep in touch. All my best. Hugs. Joann

15. maisydaisy

maisydaisy Guest

I'm sorry too, Deborah. I will also be hoping for full and speedy regrowth for you. In the meantime, don't ever feel like you need to apologize for venting here; we're here for you!

Hugs,
    Maisy

16. Deborah

Deborah Guest

Thank you so much. Today is a new day and I feel a little better. Last night was a repeat of last year, so much shed, it was horrible.

I am so glad I have all of you to talk, it helps alot.

Love Deborah