Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Good news about Histogen

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Discoveries' started by Nilli57211, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Nilli57211

Nilli57211 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    http://histogen.com/aboutus/news_events.htm#34

They're most likely going to win this lawsuit now, which means that they can start putting the energy they should have been able to put in the first place into their HSC trials. It's a shame that SkinMedica basically derailed them for a year, but there's nothing anyone can do about that, so let's just be happy it's almost over.

And let's hope they start female trials soon.

2. VMmom

VMmom Guest

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm staying tuned!

3. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    Now that the lawsuit's pretty much old news, I wonder if we should all just start bombarding them with e-mails, make it clear to them that it would be in their best interests to focus on women too, as soon as possible...it's not fair that we may have to wait years longer than the men do.

4. as324.

as324. Guest

is this going to be as effective as rogaine ? what is the mechanism that it uses ?

5. dying curls

dying curls Guest

stem cells, if it works it will be wayyyy better than rogaine or anything else, however the cause of the hair loss might need to be adress too along that treatment (dependingwether or not they can duplicate stem cells from the traditionnal "donor area" used in hair transplants, plus not everybody has a nice "donor area"

6. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    I would be very disappointed if this ends up being no more effective than Rogaine. I think it will be more effective, from what i've seen in the photos they have taken. The photos were taken of the end results of a trial where they hadn't even refined the method or dose - it was just a simple proof-of-concept trial, and their results were very impressive. I think once they really find the optimal dosage and discover more about this treatment and the way it works, we may really have something here.

If only they would understand that women need their attention too...grrrrrr...

Considering that whenever this does come out, it's going to cost thousands of dollars, it would be a huge letdown if it were on the same level as Rogaine.

7. VMmom

VMmom Guest

How many thousands I wonder? And I wonder if you'll have to repeat the process often?

8. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    Someone from Histogen said $5000, I believe. Trichoscience said $16000-$30000. I'm actually thinking the Trichoscience estimate is more likely - I find it hard to believe that if they find something that can give you ALL your hair back, that it would be available for a mere $5000 (at least not at first, maybe after 5-10 years. The same way that iPods used to be such a big deal and so expensive, and now you see homeless people with them LOL).

I do suspect that multiple treatments would probably be necessary. Maybe every 3 years, or every 10, depending on how severe your hair loss is. I don't see any of these treatments as a cure to hair loss, to the point where you can just get one injection and never have to deal with it again, because the underlying cause is still there. But we would be able to get all our hair back I think, just if we get initial and maintenance treatments.

Whatever it ends up being, I would be willing to pay it. I hope to be a lot more well off financially 5 years from now than I am now, so for me it's worth it. I would just like to have a choice in the matter of my hair loss, even if it means choosing between a horribly expensive procedure and living with my thinning hair. Just having a choice, having some level of control, would be nice...

9. dying curls

dying curls Guest

if the stem cells are taken from resistant hair follicles like the ones at the back of your head, it could be possible that you ' d need the procedure only 1/2 in your life (if you have good resistant hair follicle at the back of your head of course).

If you hve Androgenetic Alopecia because of an hormonal imbalance then get the procedure done, stick with your hormonal treatment (hair loss is not the only symptoms anyway) and you ll be likely to keep your new hair as long as your hormones are in check.

In those very cases ( i am not talking about others), then I am pretty hopefull, if this treatment comes out, that we wont have to get the procedure done 10 times in our life...maybe 2/3, or even 1 for the lucky ones.

I also read somewhere that the second/thrid time around, the price would decrease, that they could freeze your cells the first time to use them later if needed.

10. Nilli57211

Dislikes Received:
    From what I've heard, Histogen has started their phase I/IIa trial now...

11. It's nice to think our kids may not ever really have to deal with this issue. Platelet therapy is a form of stem cell therapy at its core.

12. Hey guys I had emailed Histogen to find out about the clinical trials and when they would start, this is the reply I received.

Thank you for your continued interest. Although HSC continues to progress, we are not releasing any details about the Singapore clinical trial at this time. We do look forward to sharing the preliminary results of that trial in the coming months.

Thank you, and hope you are well.
    Eileen

Does anyone think this means we should have some news really soon like this year or maybe early next year?

13. Kamille

Kamille Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for sharing this information with us.

14. farha

farha Guest

i know noone wants to think on these lines when such a good treatment seems to emerge.
    hair loss has taken so much of our time and so much of our energy and happiness.I truly think this kind of treatment will CHANGE LIVES like truly CHANGE LIVES.

but is there any risks of cancer involved.I am not aware of the actual history of histogen but somewhere i came across a post which said something about stemcell treatment and cancer.???

15. shazichapi

shazichapi Guest

Awesome!! It’s just what I need!! Thanks!............