Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Got hair cut

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Mane_Trouble, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SallyTurney

SallyTurney Guest

In my experience it won't make it work. Stick to a semi colour, a quasi or non permanent if you can, only because these tend to be highly conditioning. Hope you're feeling better *HUG*

2. redclaire

redclaire Guest

When the hair loss first started I was so scared to retouch my roots and it made me feel even worse. So I totally feel where you are coming from.
    I've had a couple of days of that kind of shed this week. Usually I'm between 100 and 150 ( though, when I hit over 100 I stop counting, because it just brings me down)... But I think this week, between my mother being my mom and my period, and a <ahem> speeding ticket I've had some really bad shed days. I am sure stress brings some of it on. I can't figure it out any other way
    I'm actually trying to focus on the sick fascination that I have with the fact that I can FEEL the hair 'pop' out. Sick and twisted, I know. But it's either sick and twisted or crying.... Granted, I've done a bit of both this week.

3. kbi

kbi Guest

Finding the right hairdresser

I have had some hairdressers make nasty comments about how thin my hair is on top. One said loudly as she was cutting my hair "You have to keep it short or I think you will look bald on top". Another asked me if I had seen a doctor about my hair (yes, several, but not her business.) Finally , I felt so bad, and I was so tired of bad haircuts that I started cutting my own hair. It got quite long and I knew it did not look great but I couldn't trust any stylist anymore.

Finally, after seeing my dermatologist last month, I saw a salon across the street with manequins in wigs in the window. Turns out this salon specializes in thin hair and hairpieces. I was so lucky to find it. There is a technique the stylist used on my hair called Presage. The stylist is trained in it. It basically involves twisting the hair a bit and cutting at the same time, leaving even fine hair with some curl and bounce. I look alot better with this and since it does not involve chemicals, it is perfect for me. I had a bad scalp reaction to Rogaine and my dermatologist said no color or perm.

I called this salon and discussed my situation beforehand to make sure it was something they could help with. I stressed that I wanted a senstive, tactful stylist and I finally got one! Also, I get to check out wigs before I need one and if I do, I will have help choosing one. The right stylist really makes all the difference.

kbi

4. tbacchi

tbacchi Guest

kbi,
    Where is this salon? That sounds like a great technique.
    T.