Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Guys and thinning hair

Discussion in 'Girl Talk!' started by Katy1996, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Katy1996

Katy1996 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Would a guy date a short girl with thinning hair? what do guys think about us? I'm 19 and no guy seems to be interested in me plus I never had a BF. I'm almost 95% sure it's because I'm super short with a flat body and thin hair. It makes no sense talking about this with my mom or friends because they're all perfect.

2. DisTressing

DisTressing Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Katy1996 if a guy is going to judge whether a girl is worthwhile to date by her thinning hair or the fact that she isn't so tall, this is the kind of guy you can do without. There are people out there who are not superficial who are not prone to focus on these things, and these are the ones to look for. No one is perfect, and no sort of beauty lasts indefinitely. People who choose their friends and partners by what they look like are bound to be in for some serious disappointment in the long haul. You will ultimately find that right person for you and even if you didn't, I hope your self image isn't diminished because it has become dependent on whether guys are interested in you at the moment or not.

3. kaliliak

kaliliak Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think there are many guys on this forum, so I'll try to give my opinions and experience.

TBH I thought guys wanted short girls : p I feel self conscious about my height because my bfs have been short, I never feel ok wearing heels with them and I love heels. I'm not even a 'tall' tall girl, I'm 5'7"/170. I'd trade my height to be short, short guys want short girls and tall guys date short girls, short girls seem cute and can be picked up and stuff. As a bigger heavier girl I long for that feeling : ( But who knows, maybe the guys where you come from like 'em tall?

I didn't get a bf (or do that adult activity) until I was 21. And now I look back and think "why couldn't I be more patient?", but at the time I honestly believed I would be alone forever. So I really do understand it. Personally, I didn't start dating until I lost weight, but having increased confidence probably was also a factor. Before that I got 0 attention, I even had a male friend warn me that he wasn't interested in me, one of the most embarrassing moments in my life. I'm not making this up : (

My advice is try to do something to help your confidence. When I lost weight I felt better, dressed better, and even with short thin hair (and some of the worst hairstyles) I got male attention. You can't really change your height, body types are flexible but not really, but you can put on a nice wig and feel instantly fabulous! How you act makes a difference in how guys see you. Dressing the part also makes a difference if you feel like turning heads. Wear something girly or sexy. Pre-weightloss I dressed in hoodies and jeans, post weight loss I wore skirts and dresses more. Not saying that we should be dressing for men, but when you do and get some attention it can be satisfying : )

Also remember that there are guys who like different things. Some prefer big women, some small. Some like blonds, others brunettes. For any trait there are guys who love it or hate it. So remember to work what you have! I promise you there are guys who like small slender women and will love you for that. And actually women care more about hair than men, they care more about other things : P (in the physical sense lol) Also remember that guys your age are mostly just as self conscious as you and still don't know how to date or treat women.

DisTressing has good advice for when you want to find a good guy. The ones who are good, who like you for you, they won't care how much hair you have and they will love you for who you are. My 3yr exbf and my current bf didn't care about my hair loss. These are the ones you will want to keep : ) But this is hard to remember when you haven't gotten any attention yet, I was told the same stuff and didn't believe it.

Idk if any of this helps you, I hope I can give you a little hope for the future.

4. Katy1996

Katy1996 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your support :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your support :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, you are so helpful :)