Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair bands - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by Marianne, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Marianne

Marianne Guest

My bangs are now so thin that I think I should try to hide the area. The rest of my hair is also thin, but I think I don´t need to hide the whole head - yet. I have been thinking about buying some hair bands, but I can not find nice looking hair bands in any shops. Where do you buy hair bands (on the internet)? I am especially looking for those Indian style, that one can use as a narrow band or you can use them for covering the whole top of the head. They are elastic in the back and the rest of them are not elastic. Unfortunately I think my english is not good enough to explain exactly what I am looking for, but I hope some of you will understand... I have seen those hair bands a lot of times in souvernir shops and shops selling beach towles, beach shoes, beach clothes etc. in Greece, but haven´t seen them any other places, and I am not in Greece now so can´t buy them from those beach shops...

It somebody knows about other hair bands, that I can buy on the internet, that can cover the problem area, I would very much like to hear about them. (Or if you have other good solutions that cover the problem area but not the whole head, I would like to know about it. :) )

2. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

3. Marianne

Marianne Guest

Thanks for trying to help me! :)

I have tried something like that, but that type doesn´t look good at me at all. They seem to be too tight, if you can understand what I mean. The ones I am looking for, looks more like one has wrapped a scarf around the head, but even though they have more volume in the front, they are narrow back in the neck because of the elastic, and I hope I still have enough hair to hold it down back there...

4. BGS92

BGS92 Guest

I understand what you mean! Maybe you can search for "wide headband" or something on ebay, and just see what comes up. You can find most things on ebay for a little amount of money :)

5. ducksauce

ducksauce Established Member

Dislikes Received:
  6. Marianne

Marianne Guest

Thanks a lot! :) Some of these seems to be exactly what I am looking for! I just have to find some colours that I like.