Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Breakage- Anyone Have It Along With Hair Loss?

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by TinaM1968, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    is severe hair breakage part of Androgenetic Alopecia? I can never get any answers from drs I’ve had severe hair breakage since my hair loss began I stopped dying my hair almost a year ago thinking it was chemicals I don’t use shampoos or any hair products with chemicals no heat what so ever and it’s still breaks until it falls out ims just so stumped as to what to do I mean the hair loss is bad enough but the breakage only makes it worse

Farrah711 likes this.
  2. Cara

Cara New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, unfortunately hair breakage is a part of process associated with androgenic alopecia. What’s happening is the miniaturization of the hair follicle which causes the breakage and ultimately hair loss. The breakage is what made me finally go and get a scalp biopsy which confirmed androgenic alopecia. No matter how gentle you are with your hair it’s going to break unless you want to try various treatments such as rogaine, propecia, aldactone, etc. which may help.

Farrah711 likes this.
  3. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    thyroid can also do the same thing I know a lot of women with thyroid issues that is does that same thing to their hair. Ugh so hard to pin point

Farrah711 likes this.
  4. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I have t been diagnosed of anything yet except just several imbalances and possible causes I hate this

Farrah711 likes this.
  5. Simona1986

Simona1986 Member

Dislikes Received:
    For breakage you can use serums or oil masks like argan, olive, etc. I have Androgenetic Alopecia from 16 years... it's more sensitive and exposed to breakage but with serums and a kerstin spray it's ok.

TinaM1968 and Farrah711 like this.