Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair growing with Rogaine, but still losing a lot!

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by 4pawlove, Sep 4, 2012.

1. 4pawlove

4pawlove Guest

Hello!
    I'm so glad I found this site! I did some searches in the different forums for this topic, but can't seem to find anything similar.

I'm 28 years old and have been losing my hair since 18 :-( I finally sucked it up about two years ago and started Rogaine foam. It started working right away and I regrew almost all the hair I had slowly lost over the previous 8 years. HOWEVER, I still lose sooo much hair, still handfulls of hair, but I keep getting new ones from the Rogaine. There are times when the shedding slows down a bit, but it seems to always get back to this 'normal' shedding of probably 200-300 hairs/day.

Does anyone know why this would be happening and if there is anything else I can try? I take levoxyl for underactive thyroid and my doctor keeps that in check. I take multivitamins and B-complex. I use Nizoral shampoo 3x/week. I have been on Zovia 50 for the past couple of years. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

2. baker mom

baker mom Guest

Have you tried Spironolactone? Could the levoxyl be causing extra hair loss?

3. wgj2012

wgj2012 Guest

Do you use the foam once or twice a day? I heard that its normal to have periods of shedding that are seasonal, which may not be associated with the rogaine unless you think its more shedding than normal.

4. 4pawlove

4pawlove Guest

Thanks baker mom and wgj2012.
    I forgot to mention that I also take Aldactone 200mg / day. I have tried stopping that over the years a couple times and each time the shedding increases dramatically so I always go back on. I think the levoxyl helps as my thyroid was underactive otherwise.

I use the foam only once/day, which I think has been working because of the amount of regrowth. I have read about hair cycles and it's normal to lose more during certain cycles, but this is on-going and more than normal.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some help or advice!