Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Loss Doctor Rec In Toronto/gta

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Poppy, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Poppy

Poppy New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi! I'm looking for a recommendation for a dermatologist knowledgeable about hair loss in Toronto. My research has only turned up Dr. Jeff Donovan, who is unfortunately in Vancouver now... I've been to a derm in Toronto and had a bad experience (he prescribed Rogaine and said I only had to use it for 6 months, which I already know to be wrong..). I haven't been diagnosed and I'm looking for a doctor who will take me seriously, be sympathetic, and knows what they're talking about.

If any of you are Dr. Donovan's former patients... did he refer you to someone else when he left?

Thanks for any help!

2. Din

Din Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello poppy,
    Who did you see in Toronto? I am a former Donovan patient. I am really sad he moved. Unfortunately I don’t really think there are any good doctors here for hairloss and Donovan never referred us anywhere else. I didn’t even know he moved.

Din

3. Sheri2352

Sheri2352 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I love in Burlington and have an appt with Dr. Sheetal Shapra in Oakville next week.

My GP spoke of him like he was the best around. I have no idea if it’s true but the appt next week is literally the only thing keeping me going right now. My hair loss is absolutely awful and I getting married in November (the very thought of all the attention when I’ve never felt so ugly and insecure makes me sick to my stomach.

I feel like this doctor’s appt is my only hope.

No pressure Dr. Shapra

..oh, I was referred 8 months ago so I’m hoping that’s a good sign as to how great he is.