Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Loss Doctors In Maryland, Virginia Or Washington D.c.

Discussion in 'AGA Related Blood Work and Doctors' started by Connie, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Connie

Connie New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I have been diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia and need to find a doctor that specializes in hair loss and will listen. My diagnosis has been minimized by several doctors and basically I was told there was nothing that could be done to help me. I am looking for a top rated doctor in Maryland, Virginia or Washington D.C. that will LISTEN and HELP! Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

admin likes this.
  2. rva207

rva207 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    A former member had a good experience with Yolanda Holmes in DC. I'm in Richmond and like my dermatologist, but so far she's only recommended Rogaine. I'm pretty close to going back and begging her for finasteride, but last time I tried she'd never heard of it being used in women (?!?!?!) so I'm not very optimistic.

3. Mary816

Mary816 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    My Derm prescribed finasteride but I discontinued using due to rapid weight gain. Appx 8-9 lbs in a month. Researched weight gain from finasteride online and found that it is one of the side effects. Tried cutting calories as well as upping excercise intensity but lbs kept piling on. Decided would rather wear a hairpiece when the times comes other than being overweight. That's my experience with finasteride.

4. Seko

Seko New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I too am struggling with this. My derm is at Farragut North and besides suggesting rogaine and exercise, she hasn't been much help. Any suggestions would be great!