Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Loss Increased After Scalp Biopsy?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by oabab, Jul 18, 2019.

1. oabab

oabab New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello Girls!

I have this strange situation: my doctor finally agreed on taking a biopsy, after 2.5 year of diffuse hair loss. At the moment of biopsy my shedding wasn't that bad. 2 weeks after biopsy it started falling like crazy.

Has anybody experienced something like this? I looked on the internet but there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for this.

2. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Coincidence maybe? Sorry I never had a biopsy, I personally think they are useless so I don’t have personal experience but I’ve never heard anyone having a shed after one. Hope is get better for you

3. MeliM

MeliM Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a scalp biopsy a few months after I started loosing my hair. I didn't notice a increase in shedding when I had it done. Unfortunately my biopsy came back as androgenetic alopecia ):

4. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'll let you guys know, I had mine at the end of June

5. oabab

oabab New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the answer. But mine started 2 weeks after so probably it's not from there only a synchronization. Anyways i am losing hair from sides, back and aomehow underneath head, not in the front where i had the biopsy.

6. alexia35

alexia35 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello. Yes a little too. Do you have the results of your biopsy? Where do you lose your hair? Do you have a texture change?

7. sleepywaif

sleepywaif Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh click this instead... I'm on mobile and it's being annoying:

My biopsy gave a lot of info

https://ibb.co/0Zz3ZVB

They didn't biopsy the worst part of my temples because they were afraid of scarring. I think it's safe to say I have moderate-to-severe miniaturization. At the very least it's moderate. Also confirmed I have mild TE

8. Sandy

Sandy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    My scalp biopsy didn't give all that info, it just said it was negative for FFA. The doctor is recommending a transplant but I am scared completely that the shock loss will cause more loss.