Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair loss looker

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Chasrogers01, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I must admit, I am a hair loss looker. I try not to be obvious. I do not stare, and I do not look at the hair while speaking with the person.

I truly believe that no one notices hair loss as much unless you have experienced it. I always ask my husband later if he noticed, and he always says no.

I was at a wedding shower yesterday and saw two women with noticeable hair loss. A few more with not so noticeable. All young women.

2. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am much more attuned to female hair loss than my husband. He doesn't notice and says he didn't see when I point it (discretely) to him. He said he didn't think people noticed my loss but I know they did.

3. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Lily, I'm sensitive about mine as well. I've read on here several times that no one notices as much as we do unless he/she is a hair dresser. I agree. My friends do not notice even when it's obvious. I very rarely noticed hair before unless it was a gorgeous cut or something unique. Just a thought.

4. sunlit

sunlit Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Ever since my hair started falling out, I notice hair loss on everyone - men and women. I never used to notice it, but now I see it all the time... it jumps out at me. I look at everyone's hairlines.

5. WittsEnd

WittsEnd Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, I never noticed hair loss until I lost mine. (Unless it was very very obvious) Now I notice everyone!!!

6. mellie

mellie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. Since I started losing my hair, I became an expert at detecting hair loss on others. I'm also now noticing it on people I've known for years and always wonder if it was always like that or they're also going through hair loss.

I also notice women who have incredibly thick hair and there are lots of them! I get so jealous :(

7. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, Mellie. I try to tell myself that no one has such perfect hair. Then I sit in church and the whole female congregation could be in a Pantene hair commercial. Makes me angry that I'm angry during church! Lol Even the elderly women have no part! Lol

8. eggplant

eggplant Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I study everyone's hair now. Everyone. I can't switch it off in my brain.

9. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I keep thinking Kimberly Guilfoyle wears hair. But I work with a 50ish woman with jet black hair just as thick.

10. mellie

mellie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know who she is but I just googled her and I would bet she is wearing hair. She may be like Kim zolciak and just doing it because she wants big hair, not because she has to.

You know who has THE best hair? Maria Shriver. I would kill to hair her hair! For her age too.

11. Chasrogers01

Chasrogers01 Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I have noticed Maria's hair. It's beautiful.