Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair place in Northern Virginia?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Tricia, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Does anyone know of a good hair restoration place in Northern Virginia or the D.C. metro area?

I don't like the way my front is thinning. It's sick. I have what looks like a ton of hair on the back of my head. If you saw me from behind you'd think I had massive hair, the front is looking too thin. I can't believe how much hair I'm losing there.

I feel like I need a consultation with a hair person. I feel like a topper would look stupid, because of the mass of hair in the back of my head. I would want some tiny piece to wear in the front and center, right behind my disappearing hairline.

2. Hope

Hope Guest

3. Nayners

Nayners Guest

Versacchi's

I live in Northern Virginia. Since moving to the east coast, I have researched a lot of places around here and the best place I've found so far has been the Versacchi Institute.

Their only location is in Owings Mills, Maryland (despite what the website says).

http://www.versacchicosmetica.com/

It might be worth checking out.

Take care,
    Nayners

4. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Hope, I have heard of Amy's. One woman (a long while ago), checked out Amy's of Denmark and really disliked it. She bought a wig there, but felt very uncomfortable with the customer service.

Nayners, I never heard of the other place. I'll check it out. Thanks.

5. GoinKrazy

GoinKrazy Guest

Hey tricia, I don't know of any places in VA but I wanted to let you know that I know what you are talking about. I am SO much hair in the back but my frontal line is thinning rapidly, (I think it is anyway). I really feel for you and good luck.

6. Tricia

Tricia Guest

Thanks GoinKrazy. I really get aggravated when I read about FPB and they say that the front hairline is spared. In my case, it's more like SPARSE.

I know I could lose hair in the vertex area if I stopped minoxidil. Prior to minoxidil, I was getting a part in the back of head. That has filled back in, but I would prefer minoxidil to work in the front. It would be easier to disguise hair loss on the back of your head.