Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hair replacement consultation

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by teester, Mar 31, 2005.

1. teester

teester Guest

Hello Ladies,
    Well I went for my consultation yesterday. The entire exp. was very good. I was comfortable and all my questions were answered. I got to see absolutely everything that is available today in cosmetic options and I mean everything. I basically handle, felt, tried everything. What I really liked was that the owner did not force or push anything on me. Infact he discourage certain options like extensions. This guy has been doing this for over 30 years. His entire family, wife, son and daughter work with him. He wears a piece and it looks undetectable. His daughter even came in and took off her piece to show me what she has.

I walked out with such a sense of relief. I have to say the entire ride down to his place my stomach was doing back flips. I was so nervous.
    Just knowing that everything is going to be ok was a huge weight off my shoulders.

For now I am going to hold off on ordering. It is so nice to know when the time comes I will know where to go and what I will get. :D

2. Amy

Amy Guest

Tina,

How wonderful! So, when the time comes what will you go with? I am so happy for you!

Amy

3. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so pleased it went well. What kind of system do you think you would go for? What kind of loss do you have?

By the way, I'd like to start another thread somewhere so we can catalog GOOD places to go for hair consultations like this. Don't know how we can make it a 'sticky' but I think a geographic list or something would be helpful ....

Kate

4. VAgirl1

VAgirl1 Guest

I think once you GO FOR IT and just start wearing something , and become OK with it yourself, it is a huge relief, and you can begin to move on and feel more confident.
    My biggest thing was someone behind me whether in line at the store or in church, etc... it feels so good not to panic about that anymore,
    good luck, it is a hard step though!

5. teester

teester Guest

Thank you ladies!

Amy,
    I am going to get a topper with 100% russian hair attach to french lace front. Since I have a decent size forhead I will bond or tape just slightly in front of my hairline and clips in the back and side. I want to be able to remove it everyday so I can wash my scalp. I know their are cons to clips but this is my first one and Oliver (that is the owner) does not want me the shave my head yet. He thinks I have to much hair :D . He actually discouraged extensions or an integration piece. His daughter's toppper is attached with clips. She actually came in and removed it to show me how easy it is to attach.
    As far as bangs or not we will wait and see. He actually had a full bonded piece on and he combs his hair back and I could not tell. I went right up to his forhead, undetectable.
    I want 2 of them but they are expensive. So now that I have seen, felt and handled everything I can research online for my back up piece.

It was so nice to be around people who completely understand what you are going through and do not want to take advantage of our situation.

What is funny is I have not stressed about my hair since tues and my shedding has decreased. Having the reassurance is so comforting.

Tina

6. Amy

Amy Guest

Oh wow Tina that is the BEST news! I am so happy for you! I need to find a place like that here. Keep us posted and hopefully you will share some pictures :D

Amy

7. VAgirl1

VAgirl1 Guest

what are the cons to clips?
    thanks

8. teester

teester Guest

Well I don't know from personal exp. but I have read that if you clip to tight it can be painful and cause indentations on your scalp aswell as pull your own hair out. I guess it all depends on how much hair you have to clip to or how tight you clip it.

9. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Tina,

Sounds like a very positive experience. I'm so glad you feel relieved to have a plan and it must be great when you find someone that can help you like that - even more so when they share their own experiences with you! I'm happy for you.
    Keep us posted.
    Kate

10. Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie Guest

Hi Teester
    I went to get a topper Saturday, its been a very long time needed. However I wish I found it so easy.

They showed me in the shop but when home and doing it myself it I kept pulling and hurting my hair with the clips.

11. teester

teester Guest

I am sorry Pumpkin you are having a tough time with your new topper. I have no advice as I do not have one yet. I will be going through all the trial and errors at some point. I know I mentioned I would be using clips in the back but I keep reading no so great things about them. I may just wait till more of mine own hair is gone and just go straight to the bonding. To me it seems less headache involved. I know myself I will flip out if my topper has any movement. Did teasing some of your hair work for you? I saw your pictures on ws and I think it looks fantastic. I wouldn't look at you twice.....meaning it looks real to me.
    Good luck