Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hair replacement systems in Australia

Discussion in 'Styling & Hair Care Tips for AGA Sufferers' started by californiagirl, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm knew here. I just wondered - I have been wearing a hair system for about 12 years now and am considering moving to Australia. Anyone know if they are available in Melbourne? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

2. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

I am also curious about this as I would love to emigrate over to Oz ....but Iwould go to Sydney .. have you tried the web

3. I have tried the Web with no luck. Maybe I'm not so hot on the searching!!

Sydney is the fashion city of Australia so I would think if it is anywhere, it is there!

Any Australians out there? Please let us know. Look in the yellow pages under hair replacement systems....... Please?

4. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Thats crazy isnt it ! its such a huge country and onoly one replacement centre

Maybe we should start our business !

Hey can I ask why melbourne ??

5. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Hey Count me in on this business!

Would love to go to Oz,

Love Sarx

6. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Cool thats three of us ready to do business .. I wish Ihad the brains to be able to "open" a hair place oh and the money would be good .... but I have no business sense whatsever :lol: ... hmm was I not blessed by god with anything !!

7. HeavenTree

HeavenTree Guest

Hey can this Canadian join you guys, we have all been thru so much I think we could be considered experts by now!

I don't know if I can deal with the bugs and snakes though.

8. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Oh I lived there for a year and I never saw a snake ... ok the spiders are pretty big !!! but I used to make sure my sheet was tucked in all around me so if one was in teh room it wouldnt get me :lol:

9. Hey you girls,

This is great!!! I honestly do think about starting my own business in this area because I figure nobody could run a business like this like someone who has been through it!!

Can you picture a place that is completely employed by people who wear the systems themselves!! I would love that.

I have been through so much in the 12 years of wearing one and, at times, have had to fight for getting the piece to look the way I wanted. You can really come across some people who don't seem to want to help or understand. It is such a touchy subject for most on the receiving end.

Anyway, want to tell ScaredSally that it's Melbourne because I have lived there (mostly but also Sydney and Adelaide) on and off for 10 years. My Dad is Australian. BUT I was born in Canada!! HeavenTree where are you?

Why Sydney for you ScaredSally? By the way, I have never seen a snake in Oz, only once I think I saw a redback (poisonous spider) on the wall beside my bed but I was in Broken Hill (the outback) so what would you expect!! I did see those nasty huntsman spiders a few times in our house. I think they can give a nasty bite. But I survived!!

Anyway, great to dream with you all. I don't believe there's only one hair replacement centre in Australia. I tried to search where I live for my salon and it didn't come up!!

10. MiM aussie

MiM aussie Guest

Hi Im from oz, i live in Western australia Perth you may have heard of Fremantle we had the America cup here in the 1980's. No there are not many places here. We do have Advanced Hair Studio but i haven't tried them. I had to recently go to Melbourne to purchase a suction based wig from Angel wigs I have to wait another 6- 8 weeks for it to be ready the synthetic THING im wearing looks like straw I hate going out in public its sooo depressing anyway if you guys do come here we will have to combine all our resources and knowledge of this disease and make our own company there are too many people out there preying on us because we are so vulnerable they really don't care about you they are only trying to make money. I have found Angela from Angel wigs to be a real angel she has helped me so much I hope to be able to be confident enough to do things I loved before I got AT. anyway see you and by the way I have never seen a snake other than in a zoo!! :lol:

11. Hey MiM aussie,

Thanks for replying!! Isn't that strange that there aren't more hair places!

Hope you like your new hair. Let us know!

12. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Advanced hair stupdios are supposed to be quite crappy ... I heard that they were reported to Watchdog over here ... why is there so few reputable and good places ! its weird