Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Shedding Slowed I Think. What Can I Expect?

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by jump1, Dec 26, 2017.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Same boat here. It truly takes over your life. What were your thyroid tests results? I’ve heard of many women who self medicate for thyroid when drs just done listen. Is is all over thinning? Breaking?

2. oabab

oabab New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Have you done a biopsy? Don't wish for thyroid meds because i stopped them because they made my hair loss way more. trying the natural approach with no gluten and vitamins. I know that you are reading that thyroid may be a cause, which is true, but if you are sensitive to hormonal change your hair fall will increase each time you start/ stop/change dose for a hormonal treatment, as it is the one for thyroid.

I was asking about biopsy because doctors don't seem to want to perform it on me, saying there is no need, but just like yo i have this problem for 2 and a half years already. And my hair is looking straw like, like you said, and is not growing up, strong. I read that that could be a sign of inflammation, but that you can only see through biopsy.

3. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing happened with me with thyroid meds any hormonal changes kills my hair thyroid meds clearly weren’t my answer I too at one time begged for them thinking is was my miracle cure wish I did t now each time I was on them my hair got 100% worse pretty quickly

4. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Im not on meds other than iron. My hair isnt straw like anymore. Its too fine to be straw like. It floats about the place has no weight. Feckon depressing. All body hair affected the same. Nose hair arm hair underarm leg pubic eyebrows eyelas head alll soo friggin fine slow growing....no biopsy no point wats it going to do. Wont make hair grow back. Just cost money and have a derm that hasnt got a clue abogh hair loss trll me loada crap. Heard it al 2 ma y times. I saw people the day they hadnt seem me in couple years. Didnt frickin recog me. I just wish it was all over. This feeling hasnt left me at all and wony either wen hair wont resolve. N no medication is gonna help the mood or my hair.

5. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Jump, I feel exactly the same why! I use to have hope with testing thinking they were going to finally find what’s wrong and fix it. All it ever did was cost me money and more hair. I feel so out of place in the world. I just feel like I don’t belong anymore. I use to push for meds like thyroid. Thinking give it time it’s going to help sadly things again would only get worse. My iron use to be low. I supplemented and got it above 90 then stopped, it then went to 190 without taking a thing! This whole thing has left me hopeless, hairless, depressed. Nothing helps my loss isn’t even normal those shorter hairs like fringe(bangs) just are a constant struggle to try and hide. Getting so I can’t anymore I look like a freak

6. jump1

jump1 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    how long u shedding ...mine seems 2 b pickig up again did slow this past 5 months. Vut im starting to loose more. My hair is all thinning. Growing back thinnee and thinner...nit gradually bt quickly fell out grew back cotto. Candy

7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    My nightmare started after stress, ad diet and surgery in 2013 so 6 years sometimes I think it’s better other idk. I forget what normal shedding is suppose to be anymore. I stopped all supplements in December but did start iodine back up the last month as I think it did help my thyroid function. My ferritin is back to normal last test ( I’m keeping an eye on it )

8. Barbarina

Barbarina Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Achhhh......yesterday I saw om a bus one Afroamerican (or African ???) woman in a half lace or full lace wig. Looked beautiful, but the edge of lace was seen on her forehead so clearly, that why I understood that it is a wig. But still, our darn white cultureregards wigs as something to be ashamed off. Sad, sad, sad. But still dont understand how is it possible to wear a wig, when it is 30C outside.