Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hair texture problems to the max

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Hennared, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Hennared

Hennared Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all -

I've not been around 'here' much, since a career change has kept me terribly busy, and I've just been trying to do the wearing hair thing and not pay too much attention to my biological hair. But it's just gotten so awful lately, I can't seem to avoid hating the darn dead protein.

Briefly (I'll try to be brief!) my hair is quite long and I have very diffuse loss (my part actually isn't that much wider than it started out as, although recently the hairline is not looking too good). But, 4 years into this hair loss Hell, and my hairs' texture has changed dramatically; most noticeably awful in front. I have the hair of a 95 year old, like, 50 years early :/ It's very, very, fine and cotton candy-like (nothing like my hair most of my life). So, not baby fine but COBWEB fine and poofy, not in a good way. And, on top of it being very dry (which it never used to be; my hair used to be oily) my scalp gets itchy like crazy if I don't wash my hair every other day. Argh.
    :lost:
    I'm thinking to finally chop it short (Ive said that a million times!) , but even if I do that,it will still be a textural disaster. Has anyone found ANY thing that helps this kind of texture, yet, on a scalp that needs frequent washing? I'm looking for any possibly helpful (proven by experience) supplements or hair washing products/suggestions. I've tried lots of things, but perhaps someone has a suggestion I've not tried. I treat my hair like antique lace, but... well, lo and behold, it's just like an antique .. fragile :thumbdown2:

2. Vlal

Vlal Guest

To be honest, and I know this sounds depressing, there's not a lot you can do in terms of changin the hair itself... so you really need to find something to add that will swell the hair and thus improve the texture and appearance.

Have you tried It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin? I think that is worth a try. It replaces lost protein, restores hydration and strengthens the hair structure.

I also always liked the Amplify range from Matrix, which can help to boost the volume of thin hair.