Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair thru the years...

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by Blue Bird, May 8, 2009.

1. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I missed the pics.

2. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

THREADS bb not posts, THREADS theres a big difference- :innocent: :shakehead:

3. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Michele, I am bothered by your hostile approach to BB. Please shut up.
    I am not here that often anymore, but the times I am here I see you screaming at BB for no reason. BB is who she is and she needs us. What is your reaction? You shout bad things at her. I am sorry; what kind of reaction is that on a support board!?

4. michelesmith

michelesmith Guest

there is no need for continuous threads started over and over again about hairloss that is practically non existant to us all including her boyfriend, yes this is a board for support for whom most of us are very very bald and this has been a continuous annoyance for alot of people on this alot of whom have left because of it-

5. snowflake

snowflake Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    BB must have a reason to be with us. Sometimes hair loss is only noticable to us, it starts small usually.

6. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

I have Androgenetic Alopecia for at least 8 (that I know of) years now. It is not visible to anyone! But my hair has thinned with at least 30%-50% (i had a lot of hair to begin with). hair loss is not what you see; hair loss is what is does to you.
    We had this discussion over and over again. I am sick and tired of members say it has to be visible to people. That is not relevant. The only relevancy is that hair loss makes us all sad, angry and depressed and it never goes away anymore (with Androgenetic Alopecia). I am still dealing every day with it, even when it is not visible. I know my hair has stronly changed over the years and it is not getting better. Michele; to your standards I was not even welcome at this board. PLease, get a life.

7. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Oh and I want to add: I am the judge when it comes to my hair loss, BB is her own jugde when it comes to her hair loss, you are your own judge when it comes to your own hair loss.
    I refuse that others will decide for me whether I should have hair loss or not. I know myself better then anyone else, especialy a board member I have never seen. So, the point is that everyone who is experiencing hair loss, no matter in what stage or form, is her own judge for that and is allowed to feel about it how she wants.
    If you are upset by BB, just dont read her threads. Stop bugging her and others for that matter that just became members experiencing the same as BB (and in that matter; for example: me).

8. GoodYear

GoodYear Guest

Another add: I am also very surprised that my comment that I am bothered by your hostile approach to BB, is not even a matter of discussion for you. If some one said that to me, I would feel a bit quilty or something like that because somehow I offended other people. I would feel bad by that, no matter what I have said. It does not seem the case with you.

9. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((((((Girls)))))))) :grouphug:

I hate to see you arguing among yourselves. It's so at cross purposes to why HA exists. To listen, help, care and support one another.

Somehow we always come back to comparisons of each others' loss. All that does is cause division as you see with this messagethread.

We don't need added tension to our lives. We need a place we can come to where we will not be judged. Where we will be listened to and comforted. Where we will speak & be spoken to with tact and respect for one another. There is not enough human kindness in the world today. Please let's not be unkind or disrepectful to one another here of all places.

It's not all about ME or YOU it's about US together caring, helping supporting one another.

Remember there is strength and comfort in togetherness not going it alone or divided into two camps warring against each other.

Remember too "If you can't say something nice better to say nothing at all"

Hugs to each and every one of you.

Love, Joann

10. Vlal

Vlal Guest

I would just like to add...

BB has placed this thread in the Mild and Newly Thinning Members Forum, which I believe the admin created for the specific purpose of avoiding these continual arguments and accusations from being thrown around.

In my honest opinion, she has posted her thread in the correct section and I would respectfully suggest to Michele and any other members who find BB's posts to be offensive because their hair loss is more pronounced, that they stay out of the Mild and Newly Thinning Members Forum area.

Just a thought!

11. alicat

alicat Guest

arg arg arg arg arg! stop comparing hair loss! i hate all the tension around here lately. so silly for something that is the internet and not real life. well, it is real life but ya know what i mean?

PEACE!

:woot:

12. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    :agree:

I didn't get to see the pictures, but I know when I take some, my hair can look so much better than reality. Even if that's not the case here.. there's a reason she's here and we all know how she's feeling regardless of what stage she's at. And her stage is the point.. she posted in the correct forum. All hair loss starts somewhere.. and whether she has more hair than a lot of people here or not, we should be happy for her that she caught it so early.. I wish I could say the same for myself as do a lot of people here. And if we had, then came here to figure things out and lend and accept guidance through all of this, we would have gotten the same grief, which is sad. I hope you repost your pictures BB, they can be so helpful to others and to yourself.

13. miche777

miche777 Guest

Yes! If you really don't agree with a post or thread, just ignore it.

14. brandy32

brandy32 Guest

Bluebird posted in the correct area of the forum. I suggest Michelle stay out of this section, since it clearly does not apply to her.

15. Tori

Tori Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Can I ask what the problem is with where she posts? This one is specifically for mild posters.. but General would be appropriate too. If she has Androgenetic Alopecia, the forums geared to the Androgenetic Alopecia girls would be appropriate as well. This is kinda nutty.. division sucks.

I'd say it's easier to ignore a post rather than expect someone with hair loss to avoid certain forums on a hair loss board :thumbsdown:

16. Daisy Chain

Daisy Chain Guest

If I had inadvertently made a thread in the wrong section, and was reprimanded instead of corrected, it's unlikely I'd want to post again. It's one thing to remind a member to create threads under a relevant section, and move that thread another to the appropriate place, and quite another to be told that you basically have no reason to be posting at all.
    I'm new, and I'm just learning some of the dynamics of the members, but I can see there there does seem to be some conflicts...and that happens, we can't pretend everybody gets along everywhere...but I can sure see how this scenario would make a potential member find another place to seek advice and support, rather than to risk being told that their problem is non-existent. I think enough of us get comments that our hairloss isn't important, relevant, or worrisome from family, friends and physicians...we don't need it from our support system.

Myself, I have mild hairloss, and decided to look into treatments and alternatives before I get to the point where I break down and cry before I have to leave the house. I don't think that means I don't have a legitimate reason to be a contributing member. If so, then there should be some notice for those who are just beginning their journeys that we should find solace elsewhere.
    I don't want to be ridiculed for asking questions, venting, or voicing concerns. :(

17. sadie_2008

sadie_2008 Guest

BB - i think we have a similar pattern of hair loss. I also have high thyroid antibodies....getting repeat bloods done tommorow. But my docs here in England wont frikin treat me for the antibodies alone as my TSH isnt affected.

You're in the US - i know you can get treated for elevated antibodies alone. Are you doing this? If not, perhaps you could look into it and see if there is an improvement on the hair.

As for me - my bangs are disappearing forever!

x

18. maneproblems

maneproblems Guest

This whole thing is a bit unproductive. Can we get back to supporting each other now, REGARDLESS of where we post? :)

19. Joann

Joann Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    ((((((((Girls))))))))

My wish would be for all of us to be together helping each other whether the hairloss is mild, moderate or severe .

It helps when we meet girls with the same diagnosis as ourselves to share knowledge etc. but no matter what the diagnosis the feelings we all go through are the same. That's what makes a bond between us. When we start separating into degrees of loss all we do is create sub -groups and division. I hate that.

I may miss having my own hair but that doesn't mean I'm going to hold it against any of you because your loss is not severe like mine. Heaven forbid !!! I want to help all of you because I know firsthand the stress and devastation you face most especially at the beginning stages of hairloss when there is so much uncertainty of how severe it will get or whether it can be reversed.

I think it's all good when girls post their pictures. It's not an easy thing to do because it's putting yourself out there for others to look at and hair loss does hit very hard at self- esteem. We are our harshest critics so having others tell us we look good in spite of what we think is a real morale booster. It's also nice to be able to put a face to a name:)

Hugs, Joann

20. Blue Bird

Blue Bird Guest

goodyear, thank you for sticking up for me, along with the others. michelle, excuse my THREADS, THREADS, Not POSTS. Fyi- I am not newly thinning so i forget to start THREADS only in the mild-newly thinning forum. PLease leave me alone. thanks :©)