Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Transplant Anyone Do It Who Had A Good Donor Area?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by mcat11, Jul 1, 2017.

1. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello

I was told by 3 doctors (1 hair transplant surgeon and 2 dermatologists--1 an alopecia expert) I had a good donor area and that I had no signs of miniaturizing in my donor area.
    The past year I have been more focused on stopping my shedding (i had low iron) and trying to regrow some of what I lost (i also have Androgenci hair loos)
    My hormone levels are all normal but I think I am just sensitive to DHT.

My hair loss is mostly in front center part and slightly defuse on crown and sides--but not bad on sides...the back apparently according to these doctors and a magnified image i saw my back of head is dense and healthy...My hair back there the caliber of the strands is not as thick as they were but I am 45 and no miniaturization.

SO anyone like me who had a hair transplant?
    If defuse and had a hair transplant its a different story.
    I am just trying to find someone like me.
    Im 46 period is normal and regular...

I am currently using topical Spironolactone and minoxidil foam..some success.
    Also I was ferritin anemic and i treat my Iron.

I am also going to try topical finasteride and PRP treatments soon.

2. Jano

Jano New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had a hair transplant years ago. If I could chose to do it again, I wouldn't have wasted my money. It helped for a brief time, but my hair kept thinning and I was back to wearing one form of a wig or another. Now you can see some of the scar tissue where they took the sample from. I think it would be money better spent to invest in a hair system or a hair integration piece, or a good wig.

mcat11 likes this.
  3. vikimor

vikimor New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I had 2 different types of transplants which helped for a few years. It cannot replace all the hair you have lost on your crown.
    I now use Topik to fill in the top of my scalp, I cannot live without it. It is devastating to lose our precious hair.
    Good luck

mcat11 likes this.
  4. mcat11

mcat11 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Just to update on this old thread of mine.

I am on topical finasteride and topical Spironolactone and 5% minoxidil..and I am having very good success.
    Its not perfect but I have good decent regrowth and my hair loss is (for now at least) stopped.
    So that combination of no more loss and some regrowth has stabilized my loss and improved the appearance.
    Its not my 25 year old hair BUT its what I am sure most women would be happy with.

I am skeptical of the above poster who is pushing for a hair transplant in Delhi...buyer beware.
    Good luck ladies.

5. mellie

mellie Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    mcat, I forget but would you recommend oral spironolactone over topical? I’m on the pill so taking it orally wouldn’t be a huge deal but worried about side effects.

How is topical Spironolactone and finasteride? Are they just liquid formulas you put on your scalp? Before or after Rogaine?

6. Kabera Global

Kabera Global New Member

Dislikes Received:
    A person who has baldness on his crown area. Wants to full density of hair growth. There is hair transplant is the best and permanent solution for removing baldness.