Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hair transplant tomorrow

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by lizzie78, Mar 1, 2006.

1. lizzie78

lizzie78 Guest

I am having my hair transplant tomorrow (friday the 3rd) any advice? And after friday I would be happy to answer any questions.

2. wukkel

wukkel Guest

{{{Lizzie}}}
    I can't offer you any advice except think positive and try not to get too nervous (I know easier said :wink: )
    I wish you lots of luck and please let us know how it went

HUGS

wukkel

3. Karen

Karen Guest

Lots of luck Lizzie. My prayers are with you hon!

xoxo

4. Prini

Prini Guest

I don't have advice, just wanted to wish you luck.
    I hope it turns out for the best.

Prini

5. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to think that a transplant could be an option for me, but since I'm still shedding, I don't know that it would work. How would the dr. know which individual hairs were "safe" to transplant and wouldn't end up down the sink? How did your doctor make that determination? Hope everything went perfectly!!

6. wyonna

wyonna Guest

lizzie78

I had a trans on Oct 28th. I am starting to see a ton of hair coming in. I will do another one when i can. Do the salt soak and everything else they say to do. They take hair from the back of your head that is not gene wise programed to fall out. It will take a while to see the regrowth and I am thinking of doing another one cuss i am still shedding but the trans hair will stay in. I do not think i had much shock fall-out and I will do another trans to fill in the thin scalp I am facing right now. i only wish I would have started sooner and not listen to people telling me "our hair looks fine"!!!!! I hate that!!!!! Let me know how you are doing and what the story is on your hair. thin all over~just on top~just on the front???

7. lizzie78

lizzie78 Guest

One day after the hair transplant

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. Thank goodness for percocet! The doctor transplanted 1473 follicles...the process took about 7 hours and my head is hurting, but it isn't too swollen so I guess that is a plus. They pulled alot of hair out on the top of my head in the transplant process so I am a little concerned to see what that ends up looking like next week when I return to work. I will keep you all updated!

8. lizzie78

lizzie78 Guest

wynonna

I am so excited to hear that your hair is growing back in 4 months...The doctors said 3-6 for me, but a year for complete regrowth. I am also glad to hear that you didn't have alot of shock fall out. I much thinner on top right now than yesterday morning because they pulled some out ..during the procedure. I am not able to wash my hair until tonight so that should be interesting. I am follwing their instructions exactly but they didnt say anthing about salt washes....I have special graft sprays, medicated bandages, and shampoo. I also got a lasercomb to use in a few weeks, I am pretty excited about that because I read an unbiased study that was published in a medical journal about the hairmax lasercomb and a test group of 35 men and women and every one of them experienced hair growth and the thickness of their hair increased.

9. GoinKrazy

GoinKrazy Guest

Hey girls, I don't want to be impolite and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. How much does a hair transplant cost. I really want to have it done if my hair keeps getting worse. I just feel like I am too young to go the rest of my life without any hair. I think that I have Androgenetic Alopecia with diffuse thinning, can they do transplants for this type of hairloss? What types do you have?

10. lizzie78

lizzie78 Guest

transplant cost

My transplant cost about $5,700 for everything. I had 1473 grafts done and they charged per graft...the more I had done, the cheaper the per graft cost. The doctor I went to deals with Chase Financing and they offer financing as low as 1.9%. I also have Androgenetic Alopecia with diffuse thinning, I will let you know how my hair fills in :wink:

11. wyonna

wyonna Guest

ask what ever

my hair transplant cost 5.00 per hair up to 1300 hair than 3.00 for each one after that. I had 1500 done. I used the salt water and didn't buy their kit. GET IT DONE AS SOON AS YOU CAN. It takes 6 months to a year to see the growth where it will fill in. The longer you wait the harder it will be to fill in the hairs. Get a good doctor!!! I used a guy from the Exstream Makeover TV Show.

12. GoinKrazy

GoinKrazy Guest

thanks lizzie. I thought that transplants cost about 20,000 so its good to know that they are so affordable. I hope that you have sucess with it. I am going to start saving now for it. Thanks again

13. lizzie78

lizzie78 Guest

hair transplant cost

I was concerned about the cost at first too. My dermatologist told me that I should consider getting a wig because hair transplants are extremely costly (she was an awful "doctor". Who goes to medical school so they can recommend wigs for their patients grrr..). Anyway, I think I made the right decision even though I am still puffy. Good luck with your decision.

14. SoLow

SoLow Guest

Wyona,
    I'm probably asking a dumb question, but...

Why above did you state that the longer you wait the harder it will be to fill in the hairs? I'm a little confused what that means. Is it because if you are losing hair in the back they won't be able to find the follicles?

Just confused....as usual. :oops:

15. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Re: wynonna

Good luck with that. I've read some comments that "my hair feels better" but not one about regrowth or proven increase in hair thickness. I used it for quite awhile--can't say I saw any difference at all, positive or negative.

16. Danielle

Danielle Guest

Lizzie, Best wishes on recovery and regrowth! Wow. I admire that proactive spirit.

Danielle

17. dee01832

dee01832 Guest

LIZZIE- Its been more then a month-- where are you!??@?@?@

18. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

I assumed if you had diffuse loss that a transplant was not an option !! just what I was told !!!

19. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I saw my derm last week and we talked about transplants. She said they used hair from the occipital area since it is less likely to shed as opposed to the top and sides of the head. I see a transplant as my only option when the time comes--I color my hair monthly and don't know how that would work with a wiglet or hairpiece. Also, I don't think I have enough hair left on top to hide the base of extensions from what I've read. I don't want to do a weave--would worry about traction alopecia. Wouldn't it be nice to read about a miracle in the morning paper so we didn't have to go through all this!!!

PS I wonder if waiting longer would mean that the hair left on my head is "safer" to transplant since it's still there?

20. Holly

Holly Guest

I'm hoping they get that hair cloning thing up and running in the next couple years. Then, they could clone and transplant just the hairs that are safe - not the DHT/male pattern hairs that are more likely to fall out. Probably be as costly as a regular transplant, though.