Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hair transplant tomorrow

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by lizzie78, Mar 1, 2006.

1. dee01832

dee01832 Guest

probably cost as much as a small condo some where cause of all the R&D .
    Although id put a mortgage on my house about now!

2. wyonna

wyonna Guest

solow you question's anwser~sorry late I haven't been on

to answer the question about doing it sooner..... it can take a full year to see the results from a hair transplant and if i had done one sooner I could see the results now. I also have Hasimoto (sp) which also causes hairloss so I have a big up hill battle. I see a lot of regrowth my battle is to keep the hair i have. I need to start using the lazer comb more as it did make a big differance for me but I have to use it. Stress is bad and I went through a BAD relationship with a guy who caused me to lose a large amount of hair......in the end its my fault for dating him....so bla bla bla if i had done one sooner (hair transplant) i could have the seconf one already if it could help but the doctor says i have to wait a full year before he will do another one!

3. Prini

Prini Guest

I read your regimen and you are surely trying with a lot of different things. Good Luck.
    Is the estradiol working you think?

I'm amazed at how many women try hair transplants.
    I don't even think I ever saw this on a talk show or any show for that matter. I really wish there would be more of an emphasis on hair thinning/loss on the News giving the public a better understanding what alopecians live with day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second.

PS I have Hashiomoto's too. What a name, huh?

Prini

4. my question is this

if someone has lost a lot of hair on top
    and has normal density at the back only

how can a transplant give them a decent hair of hair? surely all you are doing is moving what is already there?

i cant see how there would be enough in the back to give me a decent head of hair on top and leave hair at the back - and my Androgenetic Alopecia is not as bad as some i have seen - i could still go 'sans topper' if i wanted to.

5. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Kimmy all I know is if your loss was diffuse (as mine is) a transplant will not work or give satisfactory results ...if you have a lot of back and side hair then thisc an be done successfully

6. dee01832

dee01832 Guest

sally... no as far as i remember, lizzie was diffuse, and so was another woman on another site, and they had good results... like me, mine is much worse on top and front, but thinner than it was before in the back.
    Im going to be seeing a doctor in Miami, I guess hes the guy that will confirm for me... Anyone up for a trip to Miami?!?!?
    ;)

7. Siera

Siera Guest

When you mention Androgenetic Alopecia, is that Androgenetic Alopecia?

8. moviegirl

moviegirl Guest

Hi Dee,

Please keep us posted on the doctor's visit/consult in Miami. Perhaps one of the forum members lives in that area? 8)

Be sure to take plenty of sunscreen and have a Cosmo while there!

What is the doctor's name by the way? Did you send any pictures beforehand?

Best,
    Moviegirl

9. Please Advise

Speaking of Miami, has anyone heard of a Dr. by the name of Jeffery Epstein. I'm planning on visiting miami to have a transplant. I've simply had it and I cant stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore and I'm only 25!!!. I've been suffering from hair loss ever since I was 16 Its devastating. Please let me know. I'd really appreciate your guys advise.
    Pleaseeee

10. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen that name mentioned around here-you might try the search function and see what comes up.

11. Dr. Epstein

I actually went on his website wwwfoundhair.com and I watched all the videos. He seems like a very reputable Surgeon. I'm actually thinking of visiting his office in Miami. I'm so nervous about it though. You know hair transplant is a very big decision and I'm worried from the outcomes, the scare that the surgery will leave. But over all thats the only solution I've got left. I've tried every medication out there nothing seems to work out for me. Its devestating.

12. wall

wall Guest

You Tube

You Tube has several videos addressing female hair loss and hair transplants. I found them very helpful.

13. wall

wall Guest

14. Janices

Janices Guest

Lizzie,

Can you tell me who your hair transplant surgeon was? Were you happy with him? Where is he located? I'm in the "find/research surgeon" stage.

Janice

15. wall

wall Guest

FYI: Sometimes the Surgeons who advertise the most are not the best option (I was married to a plastic surgeon and he would point out some of the "botched" jobs done by some ps)

Many PS / Hair Transplant Dr's belong to a group and share before and after photos.... I am not sure how far you are in your research... but you might start noticing the same women on multiple sites.... that is b/c that particular dr belongs to the "group".... i.e. " Hair Club For Men/ Women"

That said: I have heard good things about the Dr in Miami.... and I am thrilled with my results from the Dr. Lam in Dallas.....

16. sal

sal Guest

Hi Lizzie78, I don't know if you still visit this forum but I noticed its about a year since your hair transplant - how did it go? Were you happy with your results?