Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Transplant

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by MUSTANGSALLY, May 10, 2010.

1. MUSTANGSALLY

MUSTANGSALLY Guest

Hi, I'm new and I just wanted to ask a question to anyone that has had hair restoration. I had hair restoration done 6 months ago on my receeding hairline with great results. The only think is that I have a bit of folliculitis going on and having a hard time getting rid of it. I have been on antibiotics twice; it goes away and when I finish the meds a week later it comes back. Has anyone else experienced this? Going to a dermatolgist next week to get more answers.

2. SabrinaLouise

SabrinaLouise Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi. I haven't had a transplant or anything, but my first thought was after you said that your folliculitis has come back twice after antibiotics, that the infection could be yeast rather than bacteria, in which case antibiotics won't do a bit of good. You may want to try folligen spray--it evens out the acid/alkaline balance of your scalp and thwarts bacteria and yeast. I understand many hair transplant patients are advised to use copper peptides anyway to rebuild scalp health.

3. MUSTANGSALLY

MUSTANGSALLY Guest

SabrinaLouise, thanks for the input. You mentioned folligen spray, where do you get this or is it prescription only from a doctor. Also, copper peptides, is this the same prescription only or can you buy it in a drug store? Thanks again. I will get more answers from the Dermatologist next Tuesday.

4. SabrinaLouise

SabrinaLouise Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It 's my pleasure :) Folligen spray (which are copper peptides) can be bought at http://www.folligen.com or also http://www.skinbiology.com (they are one and the same really--same doctor).

Please be careful re the antiobiotics! They can really mess you up --as in candida yeast overgrowth--I know about this first-hand and it nearly ruined my life--the resultant food allergies. It's something you don't want to deal with, for sure. I hope that you are taking probiotics now that your courses of anitibiotics are done? We can recover from one or two courses in a row, but I wouldn't keep going on them. Most of our immunity is in our gut--the good bacteria--and when we kill those guys off we are in a world of hurt. (I know I'm sounding like your mother, I'm sure, but I am dead serious.)

5. MUSTANGSALLY

MUSTANGSALLY Guest

I think you are right about the folliculitis being yeast rather than bacterial. Started reading up about yeast infections on the scalp where I had the hair restoration done. Some of the symptoms were tightness in the scalp, burning, and tingling sensation of the scalp, hair loss. My goodness I have all these symptoms. It even said cravings for sweets which I have. They said Balkan yogurt is good for this. Will keep you posted and thanks for the website. Have not been on antibiotics since April 11th. Thanks

6. farha

farha Guest

good luck with your transplant but why stay away from toppik though?????

7. pretty1

pretty1 Guest

I have also done hair restoration some 3 years ago and faced the same problem. I heard that hair restoration got many side effects and also it is not so effective. And as I have always wanted have long and thick hair, I put hair extension. And it is going all well. As it looks alike a real one and comfortable, I haven't faced much problems from it. So, I think its better to use extension rather than spending your money in restoration. And if you want to learn more about these extension then why don't you check http://www.proextensions.com. And I'm sure after you go through this site, you'll get more ideas about hair extensions!!
    Thanks,

8. Lily

Lily Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    From what I've read, there is no way to determine that the hair follicles transplanted are genetically resistant to shedding - where did you learn this?

9. manihar234

manihar234 Guest

I'm new and I just wanted to ask a question to anyone that has had hair restoration. I had hair restoration done 6 months ago on my receeding hairline with great results. The only think is that I have a bit of folliculitis going on and having a hard time getting rid of it.

10. Kabera Global

Kabera Global New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am also facing baldness problem. So now i want to know more abour hair transplant procedure and Is it permanent solution for baldness?