Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair transplantation? Right for me?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants for Women' started by jennypenny, Jul 3, 2005.

1. jennypenny

jennypenny Guest

Hi - I've been seriously considering hair transplantation, however I'm very concerned that it may not either take or more hair will fall out due to what they term as "shock." I have diffuse thinning hair all over my head so I wonder if my donor site is even viable for this type of procedure. I've been told by derms that women have a genetic predisposition NOT to lose their hair on the back of their heads, however, I believe that that area on my head is thinning just as my front, crown, sides, etc. Has anyone out there had my concerns as well? Thanks for your feedback in advance...I love this site...I think it may have just helped save my sanity!! Jennypenny

2. jackie

jackie Guest

THE GIFT OF HAIR!!!!!

HEY JENNYPENNY LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY INFO ON HAIR TRANSPLANTS. I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING GETTING ONE. I KNOW THAT THEY DON'T COME CHEAP. I THOUGHT THAT RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS THAT I NEED TO SAVE AND CHECK INTO GETTING ONE. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER THAT I CAN STAND TO WEAR THIS WIG. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED IF YOU EVERY DECIDE TO GET ONE AND LET US KNOW THE RESULTS. I THINK THAT I WOULD JUST ABOUT TRAVEL ANYWHERE TO GET IT DONE. KEEP US POSTED. :p

3. ScaredSally

ScaredSally Guest

Hey there

I thought about this too but I was asking my hair stylist if I would be a goodish candidate what with my hair loss at the temples .... however because I am not able to slow the lose she said as I got older the Androgenetic Alopecia will continue and I would lose it again .... I am thinning all over ....