Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hair Update (and Pics) From Eliza1990

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Eliza1990, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Eliza1990

Eliza1990 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone! It's been a while since I checked in, so thought I'd drop by with an update.

The hair loss hasn't been going well unfortunately.....the Androgenetic Alopecia has been progressing a lot faster since March, when I started yet another horrible TE-like shed. I was hoping it would slow, but it's been unrelenting. Hoping it slows soon....although I'm shedding lots of on-their-way-to-miniaturizing hairs so I'm not getting my hopes up that this is more TE (for those who don't know my story, I have Androgenetic Alopecia which was uncovered by a TE that was exacerbated by low iron levels....my iron's been normal for about a year now).

Attached a few pics.

Anyway, I'm so sorry I've been MIA. Hope all you ladies are well, xoxo

Attached Files:

ramaswamy likes this.
  2. sheeny

sheeny Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Eliza!!!
    So good to hear from you!!! I'm sorry that you've gone through more difficult times, but at least in those pics, your hair looks good!
    Are you still using rogaine? If I recall, you had super high daily sheds. Hoping that's improved even a little bit. Xoxo

3. Eliza1990

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, Sheeny! It's great to hear from you. I just saw your pic update - so happy for you re: the improvement!!

I appreciate the kind words. I admit it's scary to look at the difference in pics of my hair now vs only three months ago (and worrying about where I'll be in another 3) but I'm just trying to stay positive and hopeful that my shed eventually slows.

The super high daily sheds unfortunately have returned with a vengeance....it started in March and has been pretty awful (300 hairs/day) without any relief. There don't seem to have been any triggers from my bloodwork so at this point just waiting/praying for it to pass. Or at least slow down a bit.

I still am using Rogaine! It seems to exacerbate the shedding a bit especially when I go through these high shed periods, but I also think there's underlying regrowth from it so I definitely don't think it's net detracting. I am just continuing on with it. The one issue is that my hair has thinned to the point that after applying Rogaine after I shower at night and again in the morning, it's already really greasy looking 12 hours later when I go to work (even only applying a very small amount). But, what can you do!

I hope all is well with you.

4. welfareabroad

welfareabroad New Member

Dislikes Received:
  5. Eliza1990

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh this is the difference in 3 months :(

Attached Files: