Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hairline and Roots (questions from Flora)

Discussion in 'Women's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Mom2Cuties, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties Member

Dislikes Received:
    I sent Flora a hair sample last week and she called me with a few questions.
    Some of these, I feel really silly asking, but I just am not sure.

1)She asked if I still had a hairline. I *think* so. Would someone without a hairline have a receding hairline? I don't have much hair on the top of my head but I think the hairline is there.

2)The hair sample I sent her came from the ends of my hair. She asked if my roots were the same color. Are roots lighter than the color of ends? I don't color my hair (never have).

3)My hair is kind of curly/wavy, but really only in the back on the ends. I have a few areas with short curls near the front of my hair but most of my curls are in the length. I would imagine if I cut off my hair, the curls would be gone. Does this sound weird? She said from my hair sample that my hair looked very curly.

I will be emailing her a few pictures so hopefully those will help her. I feel a bit lost in all of this.

I am sorry to ask you guys these things. I tried to ask my husband but he played dumb. :shakehead:

Thanks!

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I took pictures of myself without my wig on and sent them to Flora, she did everything from there. The questions about whether or not your roots are the same color as the ends - most of the time our roots are darker because the ends have been lightened by sun, product, or coloring of the hair. If she is trying to choose an Illusion Fall for your, she is probably wanting to make sure she doesn't get it too light, but will want it to match closer to your roots. She told me she doesn't want me to have to color my hair to blend with the fall. She'll be able to tell a lot from the pictures you send her.

3. Eztli

Eztli Guest

Send pictures.

You can do a lot with a very thin hair line, I used mine to blend with my fall for a while, sherryberry has pictures of her using her hairline to blend with a topper.

You don't need much of one, but if you didn't have one, I think you would notice. send pictures just the same.

I can't really help with the color, my only advice would be to *cringe* pull out a couple hairs and send them along.

The curl thing I might be able to help a bit more with.
    Think back in the day to before you had hair loss. What was your hair like? Was it curlier? The texture of my hair changed drastically with Androgenetic Alopecia. I used to have curly hair, but it pretty much lost the curl. I can barely coax a wave out of it now. The hair that Flora gave me might be a little curlier than what I originally had, however, i found that blending curly hair (in terms of blending supplemental hair) is much easier than blending a strait fall or topper. You just integrate some of your hair into the curls, it's a bit harder to do that with strait hair. So I am quite happy with the extra curl.