Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Hairloss Research May Be Of Interest To Some

Discussion in 'Treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia' started by TinaM1968, Apr 5, 2019.

1. TinaM1968

TinaM1968 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
  2. idk

idk Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Tina

It has a lot of good info.

I'm starting Saw Palmetto, my loss is progressing and I came very close to starting minoxidil, this is kind of my last try at something natural.

I hate my hair. I am so pi**ed off. All my hormones are normal aside for Prolactin which is only sometimes slightly elevated which should not be the culprit. But my hair is acting as if I have too much testosterone and my actual testosterone is on the low end of normal for women! I literally can not find a reason for this anymore and I am so annoyed I feel like shaving my head.

I started NAC again about 2 weeks ago and my daily shed has reduced which is nice but where is the regrowth? I need regrowth and lots of it. I have transparent hair now, you can see my scalp from most angles. Shitty hair.

3. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I so get it. I’m in the same boat here. My Dheas are slightly elevated trying to get them to test prolactin and dht. I’ve have dht tested in the past and it’s been fine my testosterone has been good as well so I’m at a loss but it is ruining my life! I tried nac briefly in the past. Maybe not enough time? I just wanna see some improvement any would be nice. I also rescentky thought of trying rogaine that’s how desperate I’m getting but I’m scared and would rather go natural if it can be fixed that way. Any normal hair life would be nice. If it would stop falling I’d be thrilled. But like you I need that regrowth my hair is just so thin now. Mines acting the same as your I just don’t get it . They say maybe too sensitive to any dht? If that were the case I would think I’d have had issues long before I started having them. I’m 50 now and it started for me around 45 around the time of surgery and extreme anxiety ruined my happy existence this sucks. If I find any other articles I will post here. I hope something helps someone

4. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    A friend whose sister has Alopecia Areata uses Zenagen shampoo and conditioner. The directions are to use it every other day. I started using it with the thought I could wean off rogaine, as the product suggests. The first 2 times went fine but the third time my scalp went crazy. I have a red and irritated scalp most of the time (along with ffa). I don’t know if the shampoo caused the flare up or something I had eaten. I haven’t eaten gluten since last July. Stopped eating eggs and all food with it in February. My scalp has calmed down a lot. I’m about ready to try the shampoo again. The rogaine has caused my hair strands to change - can’t say the product has helped cause hair still falls out daily but I’m afraid to stop cause maybe it is slowing the inevitable. I bought a wig - I pick it up the end of next week. I’m tired of feeling as though people are staring at my hair - that really jacks up yourself confidence.

5. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    Also, thank you Tina for the link to the website. There is a lot of interesting and promising information.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  6. LindaLou

LindaLou New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you Tina! Lots of great info. Appreciate the link.

TinaM1968 likes this.
  7. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Your welcome! This place needs more activity for Hope I thought I just might give some just that! We all need some sort of hope to help cope with the madness of hairloss

#7 TinaM1968, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  8. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
  9. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Im so tired of the fight. So tired of no one caring or believing the obvious. It’s hard every day gets harder instead of easier. No answers, no improvements. I just wish I’d wake up and if was 5 years earlier. Life was good then I just feel so damn alone and hopeless I’ll never be able to except this crap

Anne and Sandy like this.
  10. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    You would think with all the science and what has been discovered about the human body there would be a cure for Alopecia but here we are..... . Some days are worse than others and I watch you tube videos about wigs and styling and it seems to help as we can disguise the condition. There are a lot of cute and easy hair styles. Have purchased a couple wigs when I have been panicking. I should have spent more time to get the styling right and selected the right shops to help me but it does calm me down having the wigs. Wigs have come a long way over the years and you can change your look to match the way you are feeling or dressing that day. There are a couple people videos I watch and those are: TAZwigcloset, Godiva secret wigs and Arizona wig boutique. There are so many more and a lot of ladies with this condition.
    You are not alone. We all have to adapt.

Anne and TinaM1968 like this.
  11. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I know right? I’m convinced there just no money if they cure it. We spend so much money on potions they’d have no revenue. Sad but we are the ones to suffer because of the all mighty dollar. It does help when people here response. Be me feel less alone ♥️♥️

12. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    That seems so true with other diseases too. This forum and conversation with you and others sure does help a lot on the sad days. ❤️☀️

13. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Well both prolactin dht and free dht are perfectly fine testosterone free testosterone perfect dheas slightly elevated so does this mean is not Androgenetic Alopecia? Androgen levels tests, all test fine but dheas which are only just above level so wth is going on with me

14. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    I came across this website: carfintl.org. I hope you find it informative. There is a support drop down that has information for newly diagnosed - Offers questions to ask your doctor and a number to call for doctors with Alopecia as their specialty.

Anne likes this.
  15. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. It’s just crazy it doesn’t look Androgen driven but temple sides and hair line i Just don’t know anymore

16. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    It is so frustrating. Sometimes I don’t know why I keep researching this disease.....guess I keep hoping someone will tell me what is happening is not true or there is a miracle cure.

17. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    I feel the same way. I guess hope is all we have besides each other

18. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    You are right:)

19. TinaM1968

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone know of a more active hairloss forum for women?

Anne likes this.
  20. Bab

Bab Member

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t found much active. No groups are active in my area either :(