Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

Halo / Secret Hair Extensions - Advice/experiences?

Discussion in 'Wigs, Extensions, Toppers & Hair Systems' started by Kate Masson, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Kate Masson

Kate Masson New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all!

I'm super new here! I hope you are all well.

I am so extremely self conscious of my hair as I am sure most of you can relate. I have tape in extensions at the moment but want them out ASAP as they are obviously probably causing a lot more damage!

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Halo / Secret / Flip in extensions? Can you share your experience or offer any advice?

I've heard that with Halo it is more for thickness instead of length. Is this true?
    I've also seen they come in different sized from 60g to 160g, does anyone know what would be most suitable?

If anyone has any or can point me in the direction of before and after photos I would be forever grateful!

Looking forward to hearing from you lovely people x

2. April54

April54 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my two cents worth on the Halo/Flip extensions.

1. This type of hair can be used to increase thickness/volume, and it can add length also.
    2. But if you have thinning or a wide part on top, it won't help, because the extra hair starts a few inches down from the top of the scalp.
    3. I made a halo like hair extension, using a weft of hair I bought at a beauty supply store. it turned out great, and was a fraction of the price of a pre-made Halo. I found videos on YouTube for how to do it.
    4. Another option is a clip-on topper, and this is what I use now. it meets my needs much better, since I want coverage on top.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

3. mem0307

mem0307 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some salons offer Halo consultations (for free). They’ll put a halo on you so you can get a feel for what’s it like to wear it/see it on yourself, which I totally recommend doing. They’re beautiful and high quality, but they are also heavy and shouldn’t be worn 24/7. You can follow this link, http://halocouture.com/locations/ to search your zip and find a salon near you to set up a consulation appointment. Good luck! Hope you love it