Dismiss Notice
Welcome! Please read this announcement regarding the new Forums: Click Here"

hardened sebum ball surrounding hair follicle....

Discussion in 'The Undiagnosed' started by maxima88x, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Jess2015

Jess2015 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    At first I realized my scalp was oilier than usual but I was afraid if I wash my hair more will fell. Then the itchiness, so I put candlenut oil which they said was good for hair. Where I put the oil, the next day I had thick scaling with a crusty wound underneath. The worst part was that it was right in the middle front of my hair. And when I tried to scrape the scales, the whole chunk of my hair fell out along with part of the scales.
    I tried castor oil, huge amount of hair from all over fell out ...

The scaling didn't last very long though, I kept washing my hair everyday with Sebamed anti dandruff shampoo alternating with Selsun Blue/Yellow and Nizoral. My scalp felt warm to the touch after I wash my hair and felt kind of "raw". But I stuck to it. (You have to alternate the shampoo, because Candida can adapt and become "immune" to a medication)

After that I got the oily layer all over so when I brush my hair, the brush will have a dirty-ish film. And if I scratch my scalp, I will have a sticky residue underneath my fingernail. I put honey and olive oil to try fixing it, it was a bad move lol ...
    After that I just kept washing my hair everyday adding nothing to it ... I don't even use conditioner. My hair gets tangled easily, but taking VCO internally has made them not as dry/tangly, so skipping conditioner is fine.

Baking soda mixed with Sebamed liquid body wash (for my hair) helps with the itchiness but my hair will get so dry and tangled while my scalp was very oily. And brushing my would cause more hair fall because they were so tangled ...

ACV rinse also make my hair tangled and dry, I wonder why people keep saying it makes their hair soft and easy to brush. I tried different amount of ACV diluted with water, but everytime they just make my hair tangled.

But if I have an itchy spot, I just spray with ACV diluted with water and leave it until the next day I wash my hair.

Whenever I ran my hand across my scalp, I feel like there's a tiny bump, I picked on it and the hair would fall with a white ball (sebum).
    So I quit picking on them ...

Nothing worked btw. What worked was just accepting and letting go, then doing the Candida diet. One day I noticed lots of white sebum balls just there on my hair but not on the roots, I guess they were unplugged somehow (no idea how). So many of them, I thought they were fleas ...
    I had a few growth but not a lot ... Apparently, all the follicles were plugged so new hair can't sprout.

After I began kind of serious about the Candida diet and wanting to be healthy all over, THEN my hair started growing back. Yes they are filling in BUT not until AFTER about nearly 5 months after I started eating well and killing the Candida and take Probiotics. Which is about 2 years after the hairfall started ... So it took a while ...

I got sick while doing the Candida cleansing and diet, more than 3 months of die off, in fact I still am having die off ... The more Candida you have, and depending on your body, you will have die off ... The symptoms will get worse ... Because the Candida is dying in great amount and releasing toxins inside your body ...
    During the cleanse, I was bloated for more than 3 months, swollen face, hair kept falling, big pimples on my cheeks and chin and inside my ears and earlobes, couldn't sleep but felt so tired, constipation, joint paint, blurry eyes, smelly scalp, scaly skin, pimples inside my nose, excessive sweating, oily face, body odor, my legs would hurt so bad I could not sleep, excessive gas (not burping), heartburn, sore gum, sensitive teeth, sores inside my mouth, bruising on my legs ... some weird stuff that I never had before and lots more I can't remember ...
    All I remember was feeling very hopeless, tired and useless ... AND very low self esteem, going bald, pimples AND body odor lol ...

I didn't lose weight ... I was hungry all the time ... And I think it's important to eat so your body have the fuel to repair itself. I had boiled eggs whenever I felt hungry (now I kind of hate boiled eggs). I also snacks on raw sunflower seeds, raw walnuts, raw almonds, lots of plain unsweetened yogurt, green apples, sour green kiwifruit. I kind of eat tons of those, so maybe that's why I didn't lose any weight ... I'm 5'1 and 116lbs ...
    Now that I think about it, even when I eat a whole coconut every single day I did not gain or lose any weight ...

I read somewhere that if your body need repairing, "hair" would be the last concern. So, unless you are healthy inside, your hair probably will not grow back to what it was. That is why eating healthy and in good amount is needed, otherwise your body will not have fuel to repair itself.

And my hair keep falling even until now, whenever I'm bloated which means toxins are overwhelming my body, my face would get oilier and the hair would fall. They say the toxins are escaping from the scalp and skin. So drink lots of water and make sure to have bowel movements to eliminate the toxins.

I did not follow the Candida diet to the letter, I just eliminate sugar, junk food, bad carbs, no yeast, no bread, cakes and sweet fruit and eat as healthy as I possibly can. Maybe that's why my healing is rather "slow" ... But I wanted it to be something I can keep up doing ... I want my hair to grow back, but I also want to eat right so I can be healthy and happy AND have lots of hair ...

I did not know whether my hair will ever grow back or not, but I do know I've got nothing more to lose (back then, it felt like the end of the world, losing hair and everything). So I keep doing it even when I feel tired and hopeless. It stopped being about me wanting to have my hair back, it's about me wanting to be healthy.
    I stopped looking at my hair, because I would feel so heartbroken and sad ...

Then, one night after a longggggggggg battle, I saw short hair all over ... I was so happy but I thought it was my imagination and didn't want to get my hopes up. But they were there ... New hair and LOTS of them ... Everywhere I parted my hair I would see LOTS of short hairs ...
    But my hair is not yet back to the thickness it was ... Wayyyyy lesser ... Like 1/3 of it used to be ...

Until now, I still do the healthy diet and take supplements, my battle with Candida has not end ... And I still get sick from the die off, my hair still fall (only the long ones not the new growth). But I see improvements on lots of things ... My skin is clear, my eyes are bright, new hair growing, etc ... And they give me strength to keep fighting ...

Sorry it's so long ... I hope it helps ...

PS: the white balls kind of reminded me of when you squeeze a pimple/blackhead but sometimes only a hardened white "ball" comes out from the clogged pore ... So it must have been sebum clogging the scalp ...

#41 Jess2015, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Jess2015

Jess2015 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    No carbs will put your body into ketosis, which is one of Candida's favorite place to live ...
    I eat brown rice and complex/good carbs in moderate amount ...

3. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I keep reading of people getting clear from fruit only diet!!! So confusing...

4. Jess2015

Jess2015 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I think the key is to get yourself healthy ... When you're healthy inside, the outside will be healthy as well ...
    candida overgrowth occur because the inside of our body isn't healthy ...

5. Jess2015

Jess2015 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

just want to update on my hair ...
    I have soooooooo much new growth, and they grow really fast ...
    My scalp is hardly visible now because so many new hair sprouting ...
    Everything is filling in ... I still shed though, I think it's the bad quality hair that shed, which will be replaced with new and great quality hair ...
    I'm so excited ... Even places where I thought I didn't have hair, new hair are sprouting ...
    My hairline on the front temple, now it's coming forward ... I didn't know my hairline receeded ... Now so many hair on the front temple ...
    I can see them clearly now that they're a bit longer ...

I still eat healthy, no junk, no bad sugar, I eat fruit sometimes, but not sweet or overripe ones, mostly sour ones because I don't like sweet and overripe fruit too ... Brown rice, eggs, vegetables, raw almond, raw sunflower seeds etc ...
    I still take VCO, do Oil Pulling and drink diluted ACV every day ... And probiotic capsules, plain yogurt, and vitamin C ...
    I also wash my hair everyday with Sebamed anti dandruff alternating with Selsun Blue ... No conditioner ...
    I eat fresh coconut when they're available, because I'm hungry mostly and they taste nice ... Bonus is they're good for you ...
    I also eat plain rolled oatmeal with low fat high calcium milk and cinnamon (no sugar) to get fibre for my body ...

I lost weight too!!!! Flat stomach, clear skin (but lots of mosquito bites marks lol) ... And I have more energy ...
    I don't feel hungry all the time anymore, don't crave sweets or junk food ...
    I don't think all the overgrowth candida has gone though, because my face sometimes get oily and would itch a bit, especially near the nose ...

I used to think "when it's all over, I can eat chocolate again", now I think "I don't even want chocolate" ...

Back to the hair, it seems for those 2 years plus, very few hair grew back after they fell ... That's why it looked sparse ... Now everything grows back ... My scalp looks so full of hair, even though they're short ...

It took a long time but they DO GROW BACK ...
    They grow back once YOU are healthy inside ...

6. cainez

cainez New Member

Dislikes Received:
    OMG Jess You are amazing I had to register

Trust me. People either haven't read your posts, aren't smart enough to see the truth in them, or just don't bother replying. There are thousands of posts on this subject and yours are some of the best posts on the whole net if not the best. A delight to read your openness and realness. People usually spurt a few lines and try to look like they know what theyre talking about "sand on scalp means .." or "it's crystals buy this" "its too many mites" and other crap and it just gets messy. I know you know what I mean.

Yes. It's about being healthy from the inside ! Treat the body as a whole. From what you put inside from the outside! Haha probably confusing to some people.

I am going through a similar thing and it's been a long time. I'm growing my own bacteria by fermenting a lttle and eating fresh coconuts, fermenting them.. ACV, CS, TURMERIC, Tea Tree Oil, onion, garlic, Oregano Oil are powerful .. take a little of one or more of these each day. Look into Diatomaceous Earth.. WHOLE FOODS.. avoid GMO avoid deep fried food people this isn't some crazy science, it's natural and our body craves natural things more than ever.

Everything they said that is bad is wrong, btw, if you are talking about "FAT, SUGAR, PROTEIN, CARBS, SALT" - we NEED all these believe it or not. But have them in as natural form as possible and have them when you feel like it.. in fact this may save your life and cure all disease!

Hows it going now Jess I hope you're well? :)

7. mycurlyhair

mycurlyhair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes Jess2015!! Would love another update!! :)

8. KristaB

KristaB New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Here to help

Hey ladies

I found this thread in desperation to stop losing my hair. After almost a year of hair loss and going deep into the research rabbit hole, I found my answer. The hair loss is the tip of the iceberg basically. It all stems from years of an unhealthy diet leading up to a slow moving lymph system, GI tract and all over toxic body. Look up Dr. Robert Morse and he can explain it a little more in detail, but basically we have to do a little digging. We are naturally and physiologically fruit eaters (look at our closest ancestors - they eat bananas and other fruits primarily). Like other animals, our bodies were designed to eat foods raw and after years of eating cooked and processed foods, like starches which stick to the GI tract, and meat which putrefies in the intestines, we have created a very toxic system. Our hair is just the initial sign of degeneration of our bodies due to cultural unawareness of the proper diet.

Prior to this I tried EVERYTHING. Candida diet, low carb, paleo, autoimmune protocol diet, regular vegan, Chinese medicine protocol etc and nothing has proven as helpful as a friitarian/raw diet paired with fasting (to heal the GI tract) and enemas. I have passed many parasites (!) and mucoid plaque - which is the mucous layer our bodies create on our intestines to protect us from our poor food choices. I plan on buying herbal tinctures soon to aid in the detoxification process.

This is not an easy "diet" - it is a lifestyle change that has to happen if you want to completely heal yourself. Once again, look up Dr. Morse or the Master Fast System (there is a Facebook group for the Master Fast - really helpful). Your health is calling you! You are reading this for a reason. Good luck.